Advanced

"error 205958" D';

Posted by Po0h 
"error 205958" D';
July 08, 2009 01:03PM
"error 205958" D';

Hello WiiBrew community ;]
Well heres my problem,

Ok, so when i enter the shop channel, i get a message that says something like"Your previous region shop channel was japanese. your current region shop is on United kingdom. Is this correct?" I click yes (i can also click "return to wii menu") and it talks about linking my club nintendo account, so i enter my (working) Nintendo Club account info then click on ''Link'', and then i get "error 205958" and can't connect to the shop channel.

Also, a friend told me that i'm trying to connect to a japanese server with a PAL wii which is impossible so my real question is How do i change my region back to the original PAL Englsih server?

Note; i bought this wii already softmodded so i'm extremely new to this whole hacking stuff! (btw i have an SD card)

Thanks for reading

update: i have a 4.0E updated wii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 12:57AM by Po0h.
Re: "error 205958" D';
July 08, 2009 01:21PM
so, did you can the shop channel region on your wii? If so, what was it before and what is it now? I'm slightly confused by your post, sorry. But if you want to change your region back, try AnyRegion Changer, but I'm not sure if that's what you want. Also, that will only work on firmwares lower 3.3v2
July 08, 2009 07:43PM
I believe you're stuck with no shop channel. This same thing happened to me, but luckily I had a NAND backup to help me out of my situation. The problem is, if you try changing your shop region without deleting your previous account, you'll get stuck. Sorry, there's really nothing you can do......
July 08, 2009 07:56PM
Here's what you can try:

1) Get AnyRegion Changer from here.
2) Run AnyRegion Changer from the Homebrew Channel and change your Shop Channel region to Japanese (enter 1 for the country code).
3) Go to the Shop Channel and remove your account.
4) Run AnyRegion Changer again and switch your Shop Channel region back to United Kingdom (country code 110).
5) Go to the Shop Channel and set up a new account.

NOTE: Any downloaded channels you already have will be deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 07:56PM by MattMan.
July 11, 2009 01:12AM
WaxyPumpkin72
I believe you're stuck with no shop channel. This same thing happened to me, but luckily I had a NAND backup to help me out of my situation. The problem is, if you try changing your shop region without deleting your previous account, you'll get stuck. Sorry, there's really nothing you can do......

MattMan
Here's what you can try:

2) Run AnyRegion Changer from the Homebrew Channel and change your Shop Channel region to Japanese (enter 1 for the country code).
4) Run AnyRegion Changer again and switch your Shop Channel region back to United Kingdom (country code 110).
5) Go to the Shop Channel and set up a new account.

NOTE: Any downloaded channels you already have will be deleted.

Thanks for the useful info guys, i would have tampared with the region setting by now but heard there are no versions for 4.0 yet, so now i play the waiting game...
July 11, 2009 01:53AM
You might be able to go to 4.1J, but then you can't go back, for now .
July 11, 2009 02:17AM
I would just try using AnyRegion Changer, because if your Wii was already soft-modded when you bought it, it might have a trucha vulnerable IOS36.
July 11, 2009 04:32PM
thats a very good point. anyregion changer isnt technically firmware version dependant, it just needs a trucha IOS which 4.0 doesnt have by default, but may have been installed by the previous owner. in fact its quite likely it was. so try anyregionchanger
July 11, 2009 10:00PM
MattMan
I would just try using AnyRegion Changer, because if your Wii was already soft-modded when you bought it, it might have a trucha vulnerable IOS36.

SifJar
thats a very good point. anyregion changer isnt technically firmware version dependant, it just needs a trucha IOS which 4.0 doesnt have by default, but may have been installed by the previous owner. in fact its quite likely it was. so try anyregionchanger

Alrighty guys thanks again for the info!, but are there any tips or don't do's i should be aware of before i do this?

And if it's possible to just Format my softmodded Wii to get rid of ll this mess ~_~;'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 10:12PM by Po0h.
July 11, 2009 10:12PM
Well, JUST change your shop channel region, be careful, you could get a semi-brick if you do something wrong. I've never actually used the app before, so I'm not 100% sure on the procedure, but dont change ANYTHING other than shop channel region before hitting GO. Also, you need to be clear - are you on a PAL wii or a JAPANESE wii? Your first post contradicts itself. The message stated at the top says your previous region was JAPANESE and its now PAL, in which case you'd need to change it back to JAPANESE, but later you say you have a PAL wii trying to access JAPANESE store.

Before running anyregion changer, go to your wii settings (click bubble in corner of system menu, bottom left, then click wii settings) look at the top right corner. there should be a number (4.0) followed by a letter (either E or J). If it is E, you need to change your shop channel to PAL, if its J you need to change shop channel to JAPANESE. BTW, you cannot change your shop channel and have it keep working these days, so whichever it is, it is. AnyRegionChanger should be able to tell you which region code you need to select provided you know whether you need PAL or JAPANESE.

Good Luck!!
July 11, 2009 10:20PM
Goddammit SifJar, awesome reply speed!
+ the info i'm getting from u and the others is crazy
i carn't thank you ppl enought.
oh and my Wii = 4.0E

So do i just follow MattMan's steps?

''MattMan
Here's what you can try:

5) Go to the Shop Channel and set up a new account''

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 10:26PM by Po0h.
July 11, 2009 10:34PM
Yeah I'd say so. If that doesnt work, come back and we'll try again ;)
July 11, 2009 10:36PM
Yes, follow my directions, but don't hit "Go" after you change your Shop Channel region, instead click on "Save Settings". Then exit to the System Menu and access the Shop Channel to remove your account (Step #3). The second time you run AnyRegion Changer and change your Shop Channel country code to 110, hit "Save Settings" again and exit to the System Menu (Step #4). Then, if everything has gone well up to this point, you should be able to create a new Shop Channel account (Step #5).
July 11, 2009 10:54PM
Ahh 1 more extremely newby question: how do i remove my wii shop account? ._.
July 11, 2009 11:04PM
Go to the Shop Channel and select "Start Shopping". Then click on "Settings and Features" and scroll down to "Remove Shop Channel Account".
July 11, 2009 11:32PM
MattMan
Go to the Shop Channel and select "Start Shopping". Then click on "Settings and Features" and scroll down to "Remove Shop Channel Account".

Yeah, thats the problem, i carn't even get into that bit without getting an 205958 error on enter Email adress and password section

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 11:33PM by Po0h.
July 12, 2009 12:08AM
Did you switch your Shop Channel region before trying to remove your account? If so, please explain exactly what happens after you access the Shop Channel.
July 12, 2009 02:31AM
Alrighty MattMan

K, 1st I enter wii shop channel,
2nd I get a message that says "Your previous region was japanese. your current is on United kingdom. Is this correct?" I click yes (i can also click "return to wii menu")
3th It asks me to accept agreements about me being 18+ (i click on ''I accept''.)
4th It talks about linking my club nintendo account, so at this point i enter my Nintendo Club account info then click on ''Link'',
5th Then i get "error 205958" and can't connect to the shop channel.

( BTW! when i 1st got this wii, my Wii shop channnel was for some reason all in Japanese!, but changed united kingdom)

Update: o0h, my bad i wassant paying attention properly, 1st i must change back to jap THEN delete acc. i'll try and update

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 10:32AM by Po0h.
July 13, 2009 04:48PM
Wait!, IT WORKED 8D' i did your way MattMan! ty and ty all 4 the responces !!

wooo i'm so happy!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login