Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant find old HBC iso beta8?

Posted by paulo500 
Cant find old HBC iso beta8?
July 10, 2009 07:46PM
Tried searching around here for any info, but I cant seem to find anything.

Last year, I installed the HBC via the iso available (was) from [hbc.hackmii.com] .
Works great, love every aspect of it. (Especially being able to play media wirelessly from my home network server ;))

Now my friend wants this HBC on his 3.2U system, but, clearly the old ISO link from hackmii.com is gone.
Is there any way to download this iso again somewhere? I liked it because it was an easy process and pretty much self-explanatory, so I just give him the disk and let it do its thing.

This new method with the Bootmii and whatnot confuses the heck out of me (still), and im not sure if my buddy will even understand it. lol

Would love to be able to download the old (latest) ISO HBC, and let it do all the updating afterwards...
(I wish i didn't throw out my original ISO disk!)
Re: Cant find old HBC iso beta8?
July 10, 2009 07:51PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but if you want to install the HBC for your friend, read up on this page. It explains the new installation method.....
July 10, 2009 08:03PM
So if i can't find the old ISO to download, then this is the next best option to install?

Does the HBC come with the Bannerbomb download file?

Will the HBC icon be in my system menu always, or do i have to go into "Wii Options --> Data Management --> Channels --> SD Card" every time?

Sorry for the noob questions...Just want to be well informed when i relay this to my friend. lol
July 10, 2009 08:06PM
You no longer need to use the iso to install HBC. Just use bannerbomb to run the HackMii Installer and select to install HBC. You should also install BootMii as boot2, then take a NAND backup, as this makes you unbrickable. However, boot2 installation isnt possible in recently manufactured Wiis. Hopefully it will be possible in the Wii in question. You can also install DVDx with the HackMii Installer, to allow homebrew apps to play DVDs.

When you install HBC with BannerBomb it will appear in your System Menu, same as if it was installed by any other method.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 08:07PM by SifJar.
July 10, 2009 08:53PM
Since it's a chipped wii, does he have to worry about the boot2 approach aswell? The mod chip might already have some sort of brick protection?
Can he just get away with installing the HBC via bannerbomb by itself?
July 10, 2009 08:56PM
Yeah, he can just install HBC if he wants to, but I'd advise installing bootmii, too. I don't think it will conflict with anything, but I have no experience with modchips. Could someone back me up on this?
July 10, 2009 08:59PM
Yeah, Bannerbomb is now definitely the best root to go for all users since anyone can use it. The ISO method was nice since it allowed chipped users to install without having to buy twilight princess. But it's now unnecessary as bannerbomb is a lot safer and easier of a path.
July 10, 2009 09:28PM
Thanks guys. :)
July 11, 2009 01:28AM
paulo500
Since it's a chipped wii, does he have to worry about the boot2 approach aswell? The mod chip might already have some sort of brick protection?

Modchips only interact with the DVD-drive.
They aren't able to do things, that mess up the boot process at boot 2.

(unless there is some new kind of modchip out there that I don't know anything about)
July 11, 2009 08:49AM
daniel_c_w
paulo500

Modchips only interact with the DVD-drive.
They aren't able to do things, that mess up the boot process at boot 2.

(unless there is some new kind of modchip out there that I don't know anything about)

Nope, some Modchips have "Brick Protection" I don't know how it works, but it manages to stop discs installing updates
July 11, 2009 04:28PM
it just blocks updates. and seeing as how no updates affect anything, they are completely pointless and incorrectly named.
July 11, 2009 04:35PM
metroid_maniac
Nope, some Modchips have "Brick Protection" I don't know how it works, but it manages to stop discs installing updates
They control the drive to hide the update partition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login