Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Korean wii 3.5K and I have a modchip.. but no homebrew...

Posted by charonstmu 
Korean wii 3.5K and I have a modchip.. but no homebrew...
July 11, 2009 06:16AM
Details:

Korean Wii v. 3.5k
Bought July 2009
Modchipped (So I can play backup games)

Can not for the life of me get homebrew to load.

I have downloaded Jap version of Twilight Princess and EU/US versions. Only the Jap version will play.
I have tried to use twilight hack, but I can not get past copying the files off of my SD back to the wii... I could copy the EU version twilight hack, but I cant play the EU version of the game. So I still can not run the hack...

I have tried all versions to no avail basiacally, and tried bannerbomb. I have come to an impass, and would like to ask for you help. I have read countless fourms, and tried countless techniques to get it running homebrew channel. But still no luck.

Thankyou~!
Re: Korean wii 3.5K and I have a modchip.. but no homebrew...
July 11, 2009 06:22AM
[bannerbomb.qoid.us]

This is a list of all the bannerbomb private folders. Have you tried all of them?
July 11, 2009 07:47AM
Yep Yep
the first few will freeze before coming to the first screen, the rest run and give me the error, of not finding any compatible IOS on the wii. then the program closes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 09:25AM by charonstmu.
July 11, 2009 01:42PM
Are you using any cIOSes or, more specifically, cIOSCORP? You won't be able to install anything if you used cIOSCORP, that is known.
July 12, 2009 04:54AM
I just finished researching what cIOSCORP is and, I havent used any or installed any IOS on my wii.. everything is factory, except for the modchip i installed. I used the wiikey chip, and all seems to be working for the chip part..

Other things I tried:

Using a mario kart USA NTSC game.. but it would get past the load screen, just black... I read some where if I used its update I might have some progress... but couldnt get past the black screen.

I tried English USA Twilight Princess.. same problem cant get past black screen.. I could use japanese version, but then the twilight hack for JPN wont copy over to my wii, so I have no luck there...

If I tried to use EURO hack, it says it could copy but first I have to play the game... but with the game black screen....

I tried using banner bomb, all of them in the private folder, to no avail.. each saying no compatiable IOS...

So I have hit a brick wall in my attempts :(

Any other suggestions? ^^

Thanxs~!
July 12, 2009 07:29AM
I have now been trying loadmii, in conjuction with banner bomb.. it seems i can get the farthest with aad1e_v108.zip... but I still get freeze ups.. and have not been able to complete this hack....

However there is one user on the fourms who seems to have been in the same situation as I, and he seems to be successful...

Quote:
Arikado
Try booting into LoadMii and then botting the HackMii installer.

Finally, I did it!! : )

I can use homebrew channel and apps.

Maybe Nintendo Korea corp. have manufactured and sold special WIIs in Korea.(It is : The initial system version is 3.5k, manufactured after 2009.06.17, serial number is above 1056XXXXXXXXX )

besides a common solution that you give to me, To install homebrew channel in my wii, I did some additional actions.

I think that It seems that Homebrew Channel Installer need to be patched up for Korea WII users.

I have sent him a message.. but im still waiting.. I am curious as to what he means by "Did some additional actions" cause it seems thats what I m looking for... His post orriginated from [forum.wiibrew.org]
July 12, 2009 07:50AM
some additional info:

Using Loadmii... I have discovered I can load other boot.dol/elf's for example I tried the simple program snake, and tetris.. both will load up. and snake is playable.. tetris maybe i need a gamecube controller... So now I know I can run unsigned code... But I still can not get the Homebrew Channel to install... and would have to do the loadmii each time...

Im still looking for a way to go mainstream like everyone else. Any suggestions? ^^
July 12, 2009 10:27AM
So I discovered running most homebrew is not a problem, as now I know I can run the SNES emulator, and other apps... But still no homebrew channel... so Im assuming its something with the HBC and the Korean Wii.. I tried running a feww other apps, like the NES emulator, and I can run the program it freezes.. so I dont know... Its a hit or miss thing, with Loadmii...

Still searching for solutions ~^_^
July 12, 2009 03:49PM
charonstmu: You just posted 4 times in a row. Instead of posting more than once in a row, you should use the edit button on your last post to add new information to it.
July 31, 2009 07:47AM
@charonstmu

I have exactly the same problem. My Wii is on 3.5K but previoulsy even on 3.3K I had the same problem.

Interestingly, I also had another wii that was bought not long after the launch in Korea also 3.3 however I could load the HBC no problem using the zelda hack from a japanese backup.

Something changed on Korean Wii's sometime after I bought my original wii - newer Korea Wii's still showed 3.3K but I do not know wanyone who has been able to install the HBC on one of these wii.

So if you solve this I would be very interested...I posted the Korea wii issue on several forums including the hack mii blog but so far I've nothad much response.

Arikado - if you did manage this them come on and tell us IN DETAIL how you did it?
August 02, 2009 03:12AM
Hey~!
Well I know this one is a pain in the butt for sure... actually I never did get homebrew channel to install.. the steps to do were to install some custom IOS which I didn't do because of the headache and possibility of not working right....

However.. I am now able to run homebrew applications like the Nintendo emulators and what not.

I am using banner bomb (aad1e_v108.zip) not the F version, in conjunction with loadmii. Also, my compatiability is limited... for example some homebrew will not work, it depends on the program.. but for now im ok with most home brew.. the trouble is each time I want to start a new application I have to go through each step of loading it through the Loadmii program... And after several reloads I will get a freeze now and then and have to do a hard boot of the nintendo wii..

I hope this works for you, but I am hoping soon, we can get our hands on a better/updated way to get this stuff on our wii without the hassel :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login