Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What folders are needed on sd card?

Posted by whoopace17 
What folders are needed on sd card?
July 15, 2009 07:45AM
Ok please bare with me! I did the bannerman method just fine. Put everything on the wii through its installer. I currently have the HBC on the wii, and seems to be working just fine. Where I get lost is next. I almost need my hand held to understand the folder system. Basically what I would like to do is play roms. Thats the first thing I want to tackle. Im hoping someone can help me understand how to install programs and use the folders on the sd card correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: What folders are needed on sd card?
July 15, 2009 07:49AM
make a folder called apps in the root of your SD card and then put the Homebrew Browser inside it, it'll look something like this:

sd://apps/homebrew_browser/boot.dol (boot.elf)

if your file system is set up like that, you can use the Homebrew Browser to download other applications, and it will also put the folders in the appropriate places.

Just in case, please don't ask where to get ROMs for your emulators, we can't answer that.
July 15, 2009 07:51AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! I will give this a go. Assuming I can get the browser to work, your saying I can download everything right off the wii as far as apps?
July 15, 2009 07:57AM
That is correct, there are many great apps there, but not ALL apps out for the wii will be available, mostly ones that could brick your wii in one way or another.
July 15, 2009 07:58AM
Yes. Some of the more dangerous apps aren't on there though, like anyregionchanger and preloader.
July 15, 2009 04:38PM
Ok I couldnt get the app to even be seen by the wii. I put an "apps" folder at the beginning of the sd card. Dropped the browser folder into it. Pop it in the wii and it dose not recognize anything.
July 15, 2009 04:50PM
Are you sure, he folder is called "apps" (all lower case)
Is there a boot.elf or boot.dol file in the homebrewbrowser folder?
(where did you download it from?)
You do know, that homebrew applications you put in the apps folder will only show up in the homebrew channel, not in the Wii's (system) menu, don't you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 04:51PM by daniel_c_w.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login