Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should I install BootMii?

Posted by ThunderChunkier 
Should I install BootMii?
July 18, 2009 09:19AM
I believe I understand what it is, but I don't know weather or not to install it. Is there any way to uninstall it? When it says "backs up my Wii data in less than 3 minutes onto and SD card" does that mean everything including Virtual Console games because if so I don't think I have enough space on my 1GB SD card. I have 3.3 by the way.

Am I still able to do everything with the Homebrew Channel? Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 09:28AM by ThunderChunkier.
Re: Should I install BootMii?
July 18, 2009 09:30AM
You CAN do everything in the HBC
You DO backup all your VC/WW games
You DO backup your Saves
->THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU RESTORE A BACKUP, YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE SAVES AND VC/WW GAMES YOU GOT SINCE BACKUPPING<-
Your Wii memory is only 512 MB in size, if you want to backup move everything off the SD card (except bootmii folder), copy the NAND.bin file to your computer, then copy evrything back. This makes it easier to fix it if an error comes up.

It is highly reccomended to install Bootmii as Boot2. If you can only install as IOS, don't bother.
July 18, 2009 09:59AM
So if I copy everything to the SD card, then I do accidentally brick my Wii, I can restore everything I backed up on my SD card before it was bricked, right? Virtual Console games and all?
July 18, 2009 10:05AM
NO, there are "Tickets" you get when you download the "Title" (Actual game). When you copy it to the SD, it only copys the "Title". If you restore a backup without that "Ticket", it'll refuse to copy over, or refuse to play.

Say you backed up your Wii when you were on level 4 of a game.
Then you got it bricked when you were on level 6.
If you restore the Backup, you will only be on level 4 again.

same for VC/WW games:

Say you backed up your Wii when you had no VC/WW games
Then you got bricked sometime after you got World Of Goo or something.
If you restore now then you WON'T have World Of Goo and you CAN'T Redownload it for free.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 10:07AM by metroid_maniac.
July 18, 2009 10:12AM
Okay, now I see. Thank you for your help.
July 18, 2009 10:14AM
it's the "Ticket" that lets you redownload, and without that it won't let you. this is why I reccommend backing up after downloading any VC/WW game.

Only install Bootmii if you can install it as Boot2. If not, don't bother.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login