Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not reading SD card after running emulators

Posted by sportbilly 
Not reading SD card after running emulators
July 18, 2009 11:15PM
After running the emulator it says Sd card not found. Ihave another SD card that is an exact copy of this one and it work fine. I know it could be an incompatibility issue but it just seems strang that I can load the emulator itself off the sd card but not the roms after loading the emulator and only on this one SD card. Any ideas why this is?
Re: Not reading SD card after running emulators
July 19, 2009 10:33PM
Uhm, because you don't have the ROMs in the right place or you are using the incorrect ROM format?
July 19, 2009 11:45PM
sportbilly
that is an exact copy of this one

Hardwarewise, Datawise, both?

You may be using a different filesystem, or a different cluster size. One may be partitionend.
And even if the outside of the cards looks identical, it is not unlikely, that the interior is changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 11:46PM by daniel_c_w.
July 20, 2009 12:55AM
Arikado
Uhm, because you don't have the ROMs in the right place or you are using the incorrect ROM format?

Doesn't sound right. Like I said the one card with an exact copy of the other with all rom files pointing to the same place and one works other does not. Both formatted fat 32. I just thinking that the card must somehow be incompatable but it is just strange that homebrew channel see all the files and loads the emulator(s) but then it will say no SD card found.
July 20, 2009 12:59AM
daniel_c_w
sportbilly
that is an exact copy of this one

Hardwarewise, Datawise, both?

You may be using a different filesystem, or a different cluster size. One may be partitionend.
And even if the outside of the cards looks identical, it is not unlikely, that the interior is changed.

Datawise cards are identical but they are different cards. No partitions on either one is a 2 gig sandisk(that works) the other is a 8 gig kingston mico SD with adaptor(that is having problems)
July 20, 2009 01:06AM
sportbilly
either one is a 2 gig sandisk(that works) the other is a 8 gig kingston mico SD with adaptor(that is having problems)

It sounds like, the emulator you are using is lacking SDHC support.
Is your emulator up to date?
Which one, by the way?
July 20, 2009 05:27AM
daniel_c_w
sportbilly
either one is a 2 gig sandisk(that works) the other is a 8 gig kingston mico SD with adaptor(that is having problems)

It sounds like, the emulator you are using is lacking SDHC support.
Is your emulator up to date?
Which one, by the way?

Humm. now there's a posibility. Snes9xGX updated to 4.0.8 july 9th build so it is up to date. However when I first downloaded this emulator it was a slightly older version I think 4.0.7 and when it first loaded up it showed the rom files then a screen popped up that said there was a newer version of Snes9xGX so i said yes to download and since then I have not been able to see those roms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 05:28AM by sportbilly.
July 20, 2009 02:55PM
Updating was broken in 4.0.7 but is now fixed in 4.0.8 You need to remove SNES9xGX from your SD Card and restore it with the latest version from WiiBrew.
July 20, 2009 11:46PM
The snes9xGX is at 4.0.8 however I did find the problem it was the 8 gig kingston mini with sd adaptor. returned and got a HP 8 gig SDHC for $17 and it worked fine. Thanks for all the help and sugestions. Still pretty strange that the wii would load the app floder files but the emulators would no longer read the card once loaded.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login