Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader .29: Some hacks working with 4.1U

Posted by Velox 
Preloader .29: Some hacks working with 4.1U
July 26, 2009 09:35PM
Just wanted to mention that I was trying to use StartPatch 4.1 but I am getting the "there's not dol-nothing to do" message, so I tried Preloader and I am able to move the disc channel and keep disc updates out. When I tried removing the health check though, it would freeze my Wii on the health check message...I couldn't hit the A button (the A button icon would not display). I guess that would be a partial brick for people who are very new to this, but the solution was simple. Going back to preloader and unchecking the hack that was selected (disabled=health check). I haven't checked the rest of the hacks for 4.1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 12:54AM by Velox.
Re: Preloader .29: Some hacks working with 4.1U
July 26, 2009 11:41PM
First off backups are not allowed to be spoken of here, so i would suggest an edit of that before a mod does it for you..I'm not angry I'm just letting you know kindly before a mod does it not so friendly.
Second have you installed bootmii?
July 27, 2009 12:57AM
Thnx ninjafish-I should have read the announcements thoroughly. I've done my edit-and yes, Bootmii has been installed while I was on 3.2. Hopefully there's no issues using it should something arise.
July 27, 2009 02:10AM
Umm the "could not find hack in .dol nothing to do" message means that you already have the hack enabled in preloader (therefore nothing to do)
July 27, 2009 03:27AM
Are you using the 4.1 hacks.ini for the correct region?
July 27, 2009 10:07PM
Yes, I've placed the hacks.ini with for my Wii's region (US) in the root of my SD card and the hacks list shows up when I use preloader. They didn't show up with preloader until I removed the ".ini" part from the file. I'm cool with this set up for now...though it's kinda weird that not all hacks worked. Appreciate everyone's input. Any solution for me to use StartPatch though, is welcome!
July 28, 2009 09:27PM
well honestly it sounds like to me that in order to get your StartPatch to work you will need to remove preloader... sorry i dont think there is another way.
PS: if you already have preloader you dont really need the StartPatch hacks.
July 30, 2009 05:09AM
Thank you, flyguy. I didn't think about that to be honest. I'll try that now and find out what happens. I'll give feedback once I am done removing it. I wonder now if removing preloader would also remove the hacks...will let all know.
July 30, 2009 12:15PM
I believe you need to use nandclean or something to get rid of the hacks. and the reason some hacks dont work is they weren't ported correctly. They probably were advanced patches ported using the simple patch porting method. Of course, this is a complete guess and could well be wrong.
July 30, 2009 02:44PM
Well I used preloader on 4.0 before I found startpatch and I just turned all the hacks off before I took out preloader...and then the hacks were gone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login