Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok, im new so go eays on me :(

Posted by RaNiK 
Ok, im new so go eays on me :(
August 01, 2009 07:05AM
Ok first of all, im not sure if i should post this here so if im not can someone tell me how to move it please
Secondly, I'm a new hacker but not new as in i dont have homebrew because i put homebrew on my 4.0 wii and then got the cios downgrader to work by myself, my question is, and im very sorry if this question has a sticky answer or something because i didnt see one, how do you even begin to develop an app for hbc? what is coding?
thank you!
Re: Ok, im new so go eays on me :(
August 01, 2009 07:10AM
Wii hombrew apps are programmed using a language called C/C++ as well as a toolchain to compile the lines of code so that they can be run on the Wii.
Programming in general
Getting started with Wii Dev
August 01, 2009 07:12AM
a language for app development? and are those links in your sig or is that for me ? lol
August 01, 2009 07:20AM
Those are for you, no signatures on Wiibrew :P
Are you intending on developing homebrew, or are you simply interested? Either way, you need a programming primer so that you understand the concepts. The Wikipedia article should help there, but I wouldn't call it ideal.
August 01, 2009 07:22AM
Oh :D and i want to develop applications not homebrew itself, that comes after i figure out what a programming primer is lmao i dont even know where to begin! i cant even find this devkit program download link :/
August 01, 2009 07:47AM
I think you are going to get into a heck of a muddle until you understand the words that everyone use here. So, head to the Wiibrew Glossary. I kinda suggest you read "H" & "C" first, then skim the other letters.
A primer is um, a crash course, in a sense. i.e. A tutorial explaining to you how programming works.
Try not to jump head first into this. I've been a hobbyist web developer for several years (soon to be qualified) and developing Wii homebrew applications is an ongoing challenge, even with the experience I have.
August 01, 2009 07:59AM
well im reading the tutorial for devkit and its quite confusing...
August 01, 2009 08:15AM
i dont understand how to work makefiles
August 01, 2009 11:51AM
Um, you asked in your first post, "what is coding?". I think you have a lot to learn before making homebrew. I think you should go and learn about programming, then learn a bit of c/c++, then learn how to make homebrew. At least, I think this way will make it easiest/least confusing for you. It'll be very confusing if you just jump into making homebrew without even knowing what coding is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login