Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb Question - Installation

Posted by ICEing 
Bannerbomb Question - Installation
August 17, 2009 10:37PM
Ok I already have the HBC im just wondering how to use Bannerbomb so I can download it for my friend who is on the latest System Menu (unfortunatly) -_- Anyway I was looking at the guide and this caught my attention on what you need:

SD (or SDHC, only on sys menu 4.0) card formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
SD card reader for PC or a PC with one built-in
Bannerbomb channel data
Some homebrew to load

FAT16 or FAT 32 How do I format it to that?

and the bannerbomb channel data I assume you get when you download the program. But as for "Some homebrew to load" what does that mean? If im downloading bannerbomb to install the HBC on a Wii that does not have it... why would the Wii have "Some Homebrew to load" already there? Sorry if this is obvious but im not getting that.

One last thing...I was reading also the installation procedure, and I saw this step:
Take your Wii executable, name it "boot.dol" or "boot.elf" if it isn't already, and save it in the root directory of your SD card.
Have no clue what that means :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 10:39PM by ICEing.
Re: Bannerbomb Question - Installation
August 17, 2009 10:56PM
Bannerbomb channel data is bannerbomb's private folder. Some homebrew to load would be the hackmii installer. When you download the hackmii installer it is downloaded as
"installer.elf" you must rename it to boot.elf and the root is the very beginning part of the sd (not in any folders)
August 18, 2009 11:03PM
TopGun96
Bannerbomb channel data is bannerbomb's private folder. Some homebrew to load would be the hackmii installer. When you download the hackmii installer it is downloaded as
"installer.elf" you must rename it to boot.elf and the root is the very beginning part of the sd (not in any folders)

Ok simple enough :) But in my other topic about bootmii I was wondering how hackmii is activated once I install it and where do I put the file on my SD Card once I download it? In the root?
August 18, 2009 11:07PM
Yup. drag it into the root and run bannerbomb.
August 18, 2009 11:24PM
metroid_maniac
Yup. drag it into the root and run bannerbomb.

Sweet. I got all my questions asnwered now. :) I appreciate it
September 04, 2009 03:23AM
Ok just a quick question. I downloaded the "aad1f_v108.zip" file and saved the "private" folder to the root of my SD card. Then I downloaded the Hackmii Installer and saved the "boot.elf" file to the root of my SD as well. But when I download the Hackmii I noticed a folder there named "wiiload" next to the boot.elf file. The instructions dont mention this folder so should I ignore it or am I all ready to install Homebrew?
September 04, 2009 03:32AM
You're ready to install, don't worry about the wiiload folder. If you're curious as to what it is though, you can read up on it here. :)
September 04, 2009 08:31PM
WaxyPumpkin72
You're ready to install, don't worry about the wiiload folder. If you're curious as to what it is though, you can read up on it here. :)

Thanks :) If anything goes wrong Ill be sure to post it here :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login