Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

status?

Posted by KRiST0F 
status?
August 18, 2009 08:58AM
Hi, i'm not that new but i've been offline and away from my wii for a year.
So i've read some topics but its not that clear.
Could somebody confirm these statements that i've read about?
1. I have 3.1 PAL. now it is 4.1? shoud i update? (i have wasabi 2)
2. It shoud be possible to launch wiiware games directly from your SD card / USB Hard Disk? What do i have to do?
3. Shoud i buy the motion plus or not? :-)

I think that will be it for now, hope you can help so that my system is working again and i can help again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 09:48AM by KRiST0F.
Re: status?
August 18, 2009 09:55AM
1. Do not update. There are more benifits homebrew-wise is you stay on 3.1 or use anyregionchaner to upgrade to 3.2
2. It is possible to launch Wiiware games from SD but not USB. You have to update to at least 4.0 to do this. however, the advantages of 3.2 and below will not remain (there is a way to get them back but it's not supported here)
3. Motion Plus doesn't affect homebrew in any way.
August 18, 2009 10:47AM
metroid_maniac
3. Motion Plus doesn't affect homebrew in any way.

That i thought but does it bring more fun? are there more games with motion plus to play or just wii resort sport
August 18, 2009 11:01AM
there are a couple of others, but they all work without it. However, it is awesome.

Oh, and I dont see why getting trucha IOS back isn't supported, once you upgrade, just run CMDVDX34, select downgrade IOS35, then run the dop-IOS Mod made as a sort of collaborative effort over in testing corner and select to run on IOS35, then dop every IOS. And then you have all the advantages of 3.2 and 4.1.

EDIT: However, you should NOT do this unless you have BootMii as boot2 (IOS isnt good enough) and a NAND dump. And dont do it if your serial number starts LU64+ (LU64, LU65, etc). Downgrading IOS 35 will brick them I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 03:03PM by SifJar.
August 18, 2009 02:25PM
the upcoming wii zelda in 2010 will also use the wii motion plus. and if i were you i would update to 3.2 with anyregion changer.
August 18, 2009 07:41PM
SifJar
And dont do it if your serial number starts LU64+ (LU64, LU65, etc). Downgrading IOS 35 will brick them I think.
It won't brick them, it will just stop IOS35 from functioning correctly. You will know if this is the case, because Dop-IOS MOD will crash when reloading IOS35. You can fix this by simply reinstalling the new version of IOS35. However, attempting to downgrade your System Menu IOS will brick your Wii, so do not attempt this.

And if regaining the trucha bug is supported here, Trucha Bug Restorer works on LU64+ and equivalent Wiis. Just keep in mind that you should only install IOS versions that are greater than or equal to the the versions that the Wii was shipped with.
August 18, 2009 07:52PM
I'm pretty sure CMDVDX34 will brick LU64 wiis, because it downgrades IOS35, and downgraded IOS on an LU64 wii (apparently) = brick. And I'm not sure TBR is supported here. I dont know how it works so cant say if its legal or not. If you know how it works, could you PM me? (not that I can decide whether its supported or not here obviously, but I want to know how it works.)
August 18, 2009 08:21PM
Downgrading IOSes on LU64+ or equivalent Wiis does not result in an automatic brick, the downgraded IOS just won't function properly. The Wii will brick if you attempt to downgrade the System Menu IOS, because it will become nonfunctional. It will also brick if you attempt to downgrade the System Menu to a lower version than what came preinstalled on the Wii.
August 18, 2009 08:27PM
Yeah, I've been reading around about, sorry, I was wrong. Must have been reading too much on GBAFail, lol.

I guess TBR should be fine, it does nothing illegal, AFAIK, it just deletes IOS15 from the Wii and downloads an old version and installs it, then uses it to install IOS36/37 from NUS with trucha bug enabled. It actually seems like a pretty good app.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login