Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.1 Downgrade to Upgrade Issues

Posted by jaggerjack 
4.1 Downgrade to Upgrade Issues
August 18, 2009 02:25PM
Hi everyone I am trying to get homebrew working and everything again but I am having an Issue. I am not sure if some of the elements that I am going to refer to are on the "Do Not Mention" list but I don't believe they are.

I am following Assassda's guide (gbatemp) to get my homebrew working again with 4.1, here is where my issue lies. When I was using my wii I updated to 4.1 on accident, it froze halfway yet still worked. So now I decided to go back and redo everything, formatted the system (thought this might bring it back to factory system menu - no luck). So trying follow the directions on his forum post everything goes fine, except when I get to System menu 289, and the system freezes.

Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this but any advice would be good.

Again sorry if anything on here is not supposed to be talked about. I am good at following directions on here, but really knowing the difference with all these terms ie. wad, ios cios and so forth eludes me.

Thanks

JJ
Re: 4.1 Downgrade to Upgrade Issues
August 18, 2009 02:33PM
Well generally you should stay away from gbatemp as almost nothing is useful there. Now I don't completely understand you problem but can you get the the settings menu? If so just do a regular (official) update. That should fix your problem. It is reccomended to stay away from any "downgraders" or "upgraders" as mostly they only do half the stuff nessecary and then brick. Good luck!
August 18, 2009 02:43PM
I did the official Update. That is what originally froze. It got about 65% done, and I left it for 24 Hours and never budged.

That is why I thought about downgrading, then re-upgrading in order to get a copy that finished the complete install. That being said at 4.1 using the bannerbomb it does get homebrew installed I just was unsure of its ability to completely work since the update did not really complete.
August 18, 2009 03:15PM
Well, my advice would be this. It seems that the actual System Menu is updated, as you are on 4.1. Use something like SignCheck to see if you have the latest versions of ALL IOS. (you can find a list on the WiiBrew wiki). If you dont have the latest version of any, try and install them with dop-IOS or dop-IOS MOD. And stay away from GBAFail (gbatemp's nickname).
August 18, 2009 04:35PM
Haha, nice gbafail. Ok I think your idea about the IOS SignCheck software sounds like the best route. Thanks so much for the help.

JJ
August 18, 2009 10:03PM
Ok, So after using my nand backup to restore to my 4.1 install (because on file v.289 it fails i have to hard restart the system) It was working fine. I turned off the system and went to work. I have now come back home to try your solution and my screen starts up black. With no SD card the Wii turns on as always but no screen, with an SD card in (bootmii and the likes) the wii starts up but I get a blinking blue disc tray.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I took off a couple of files that you suggested to put on there. SignCheck and the other. Went backinto bootmii. time for more looking around.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 10:05PM by jaggerjack.
August 18, 2009 10:11PM
Here is a log that I recieved when using SignCheck,

I have no idea what any of this means, does someone think that they could be of assistance?

SignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report
Wii region Usa
Wii unique device id 67384810

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS249 (ver 7) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 3094) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3092) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3091) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 2834) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3092) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1293) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 780) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 518) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 263) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 16) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
August 18, 2009 10:54PM
Well you seem to be missing the following active IOS : 9, 12, 15, 21, 56(thats just for wii speak, shouldnt need that) and 57, and a few ones for korean systems and particular games. Try using dop-IOS to install those IOS, see if any of them help. I doubt they will, but you never know...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login