Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remove Homebrew

Posted by wobbielots 
Remove Homebrew
September 02, 2009 12:41AM
I bought a Wii second hand it had homebrew installed on it which i didnt know. I have assumed now from what i have seen its a softmod that allows backup games to be played. Trouble is i'm wanting to go online with this and dont want to worry about my system shutting down because of a mod i didnt know existed which i've heard happens iff you let your wii update

I wonder if anybody knows an idiot guide to removing this data as i really dont have a clue what im doing.

Help most appreciated
Re: Remove Homebrew
September 02, 2009 12:57AM
Hi there!

Trouble is i'm wanting to go online with this and dont want to worry about my system shutting down because of a mod i didnt know existed which i've heard happens iff you let your wii update

I wouldn't worry about that. As far as I know, nothing like that has ever happened before. You should be safe to update.

If you want to remove the Homebrew anyway, a little more details would be nice.
Like your Wii's System Menu version and what kind of Homebrew is installed.
September 02, 2009 01:00AM
Thanks i'm a complete novice to this and just really don't want a 200 quid door stop :-)

I don't really know what version it is to be honest have you any idea how i find out
September 02, 2009 01:04AM
Look in settings
September 02, 2009 05:42PM
How do you know its been "softmodded"? Are you sure its not just got HBC installed?
September 04, 2009 01:06PM
He did say that it had a backup loader, and I'd say that would qualify.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 01:06PM by WikiFSX.
September 04, 2009 02:10PM
wobbielots
Trouble is i'm wanting to go online with this and dont want to worry about my system shutting down because of a mod i didnt know existed which i've heard happens iff you let your wii update
That's not at all true.

If that happened, you could sue Nintendo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 02:10PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login