Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

basic boomii question

Posted by tsbrewers 
basic boomii question
September 03, 2009 02:26AM
Hey all, seemingly simple question I can't figure out. I installed bootmii on my wii and had to use the ios option. I did some up dating, installing, etc. and wanted to go back in and save my present state of wii. I went in to HBC and hit home, clicked on bootmii and all that happened is the drive light started to flash on the wii.

Do I have to copy my original bootmii save (I transferred to my computer) back to the SD card, put that in the wii, then go to the bootwii menu? or do I use my SD card with the install program on it? neither? thanks,

Brew
Re: basic boomii question
September 03, 2009 02:45AM
It should have created a "bootmii" folder. Make sure that is on the SD card
Re: basic boomii question
September 09, 2009 02:08AM
tsbrewers
my original bootmii save (I transferred to my computer)
If with that "original bootmii save" you meant the "bootmii" folder that was created in your sd's root when you installed bootmii then I have to give you a bad new: that's not the NAND backup, its the code Bootmii runs (that's why nothing happens when you run Bootmii, it doesn't find any code to run... put it back there).

NAND backups are 528~ MB and you'll find them at your sd's root when you backup your Wii (also make sure you have enough space since there's a bug that your sd will get filled with nothing if there's not enough free space [don't know if it has been reported :o, I've been thinking about reporting/check if it's been reported since it happened to me but I haven't done it... It actually happened to me twice, yeah... I fell on it twice ] and you will have to format your sd) under the name nand.bin.

/* Not completely sure

By the way, you have Bootmii installed as an IOS so I wouldn't bother to try to backup your NAND, if it didn't let you install it as boot2 you can't do nothing with it besides running apps using mini and I read somewhere there are just a few.

*/

*UPDATE: Bootmii can backup your NAND (and install those backups) if it's installed as an IOS! It was my fault and I apologize if this wrong info caused any inconvenience :(, I don't know why I thought this, probably because it check if it's installed as boot2 right before starting or probably because I read it from someone who said that (that's why I'm correcting this out).

Have a nice day!
Aruskano

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 01:56AM by Aruskano.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login