Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another stupid newb

Posted by Karnov21 
Another stupid newb
September 11, 2009 05:37AM
Hey guys,

I, obviously, am new to the HB scene. I installed HBC last night using the current guide on THIS website (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup).

Here's my question: I followed the steps to a tee (I even dragged my computer to my living room to have it readily available). Everything installed fine, and HBC works, as well as the HB Browser. There seems to have been no problem in installation. BTW, I started this process with my wii being 4.0. I followed the installation prompts to install everything in the guide. During installation, I was told everything CAN BE INSTALLED (in green).
The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDx: Can be installed
BootMii: Can be installed.
So I guess I have installed boot2.
The problem is my DVDx doesn't work. After I installed everything, and booted up, there was (and still is) an option to install DVDx. But when I try, I get that 2011 error. I've read that you can't install DVDx on a 4.0 system, but I've also read that if you do it through the process on this site, that it should work. I don't know anything about IOS's and I don't want to risk screwing up my wii. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Another stupid newb
September 11, 2009 07:52AM
What version of Hackmii Installer are you using? the latest is 0.3

DVDx should work fine on 4.0, those guides are for outdated versions and full of fail.
Re: Another stupid newb
September 12, 2009 01:48AM
If you used Hackmii installer I would bet it actually works so my guess is (considering you are new to this) you are trying to read DVDs using the disc channel, download Mplayer CE and open your DVDs from there. If you weren't doing this please state what you were doing.

Also try to use an useful thread name the next time, just an advice (it's a "global" forum rule).

Have a nice day!
Aruskano
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login