September 16, 2009 11:18PM
I think that is the problem... make it:

/Private/title/atkn/content.bin
Re: Homebrew Install Problems
September 16, 2009 11:19PM
TopGun96
I think that is the problem... make it:

/Private/title/atkn/content.bin
That won't make a difference. The "wii" folder is supposed to be there.
September 16, 2009 11:31PM
Well, I'm to the point where I will try anything, so I'm going to get rid of the Wii folder and see what happens. I am also about to start round 2 of the bannerbomb complete attempt. I will keep you all updated!
September 17, 2009 12:13AM
So, I have tried all of the bannerbomb files listed on the page. Do you think I should dip into the archive and test out all VERSIONS of each one as well? Might be overkill, might not be. So far NOTHING has worked. I can't even get my Wii to freeze on me. I'd be happy with that, at least it would mean I was on the right track!
September 17, 2009 12:13AM
Here is what you do.

I had the same issue. I tried this and it worked.

Its how you unzip the files that matters ( In my case i had the same symptoms as you did)
I was using the normal zip program that comes on windows vista and i tried and tried and nothing seemed to come up on the Wii channel - SD card section.
I tried all sorts of SD cards that i had and all types of formatting. Nothing.

I just downloaded Winzip.
Unzipped the aad1f_v108 directly into the SD card root.
Unzipped the hackmii_installer_beta3 on the desktop, moved ( click, drag and drop) the boot.elf file into the SD card root.
Plugged the SD card into the Wii and presto.

Try it and hope this helps you
September 17, 2009 12:23AM
I hope you are right boomfunk.
September 17, 2009 12:35AM
AND still no HBC. For some reason, my Wii has the mystical ability to not be affected by the bannerbomb. No clue......I'm about to give up and concede the win to the Wii............for now.
September 17, 2009 12:38AM
And you can't use twilight hack cuz you're on 4.1....

Hasn't someone (comex?crediar?) released a new exploit involving SSBB?

If someone could confirm for me, you might be able to use that.....
September 17, 2009 12:40AM
I thought I had seen something mentioned about a SSBB exploit, but I can't find any documentation/directions on its use. I didn't dig very deep, but I might be able to pull out something. I will start searching, keep me informed if anyone finds anything.
September 17, 2009 12:48AM
Okey-dokey, will do. :)
September 17, 2009 12:58AM
So, here is something interesting. It is not letting me move or delete my SSBB save data file.
September 17, 2009 12:59AM
ScuttleButt31
So, here is something interesting. It is not letting me move or delete my SSBB save data file.
Thats not interesting. Some games have copy-protected saves. I'm pretty sure its the same way with mario kart wii.
September 17, 2009 01:03AM
The thing is, the way to use the SSBB exploit is to delete all the saved custom stages, then move the file over to the SD card. I don't see how you can move the file over to load of the SD card if it is protected.
September 17, 2009 01:15AM
Follow my instructions, this should work:

Delete all of the stages that you've made on SSBB.

Make a folder on the root of your SD card called private (delete the bannerbomb private folder if its still on your SD card.)
Inside that, make another folder named wii, then APP (all in caps), then RSBE (all in caps), and then another folder inside that named st.
Drag the file for the ssbb exploit to the st folder.
Put your sd card in your wii.
Launch ssbb.

And then, I'd assume you start a battle on that stage, but I might be wrong.

Also, I don't know if this exploit is out of its beta stages, so if you mess up your wii, don't blame me.
September 17, 2009 01:21AM
So, this is what I have came up with so far, and let me know if you think your workaround will work.

The SSBB exploit uses the stage builder to load the boot.elf file. As far as I can tell, all you are supposed to do is delete all your custom stages on the Wii, and when it tries to load the stage it loads the TP hack and HackMii installer. That is what happens on the vids that I have watched.

Ideas?
September 17, 2009 01:25AM
It load the TP hack? I thought it just loads whatever .dol/elf you have on the root of your SD card.....
September 17, 2009 01:27AM
The first screen that pops up in the vids is the TP hack black screen, then it jumps into the HackMii installer screen.
September 17, 2009 01:30AM
Just because its a black screen with white letters doesn't mean its the twilight hack.

I thought the loader was built into the ssbb exploit. Just put the hackmii installer.dol on the root of your SD card (boot.dol), and then try running the ssbb exploit.
September 17, 2009 01:34AM
There must be something else they are using besides the .elf/dol file in the root of the SD card. I can't get anything to pop up when I jump into the stage builder on SSBB.
September 17, 2009 01:35AM
What kind of file is it that you put in the st folder? Is it a .bin file?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login