Getting Wii64 to work? or any other app
September 18, 2009 12:30AM
I followed all the instructions with Bannerbomb and bootmii, and then I got the homebrew channel, as well at the homebrew browser. And I put Wii64 on there.

The problem is if I go into the homebrew channel, and load the Wii64, I cant do anything, I cant move to the other selections,and I cant select anything. And it does not freeze because the big N keeps spinning around.

Also I noticed how a lot of people have there N64 games clickable from the WiiMenu Channel selections and I cannot figure out how they do this. I know im being stupid but could someone point out to me why
Re: Getting Wii64 to work? or any other app
September 18, 2009 12:33AM
Wii64 isn't completely finished in development. I don't think it works very well right now.

As for getting N64 games on the menu, you can buy them from the shop channel, and then they'll be there. :D
September 18, 2009 12:40AM
I know it doesnt work well, im just trying to get it to work. And I cant get it through the WiiShop channel. But in any case, if someone can give me some tips on getting it to work properly or how to get your Wii Games to appear in the main menu i would really appreciate it
September 18, 2009 12:45AM
ICANSEEYOU7687
I know it doesnt work well, im just trying to get it to work. And I cant get it through the WiiShop channel. But in any case, if someone can give me some tips on getting it to work properly or how to get your Wii Games to appear in the main menu i would really appreciate it
Wow, dude. I just told you. The only other way to get them on the main menu is to pirate them, which is illegal.
September 18, 2009 12:48AM
Use a gamecube controller for Wii64
September 18, 2009 01:01AM
WaxyPumpkin72
you can buy them from the shop channel, and then they'll be there. :D
I dont see how this is pirating like you just told me?

But thats niether here nor there, I just saw some youtube videos and assumed you could do this.

But in any case I got the menu to work thanks! But now im getting a load error which I could understand that its still in development. But Even if the folder is empty it gets a load error. Anyone run into this?
September 18, 2009 01:54AM
you have to load wii64 through bootmii i believe. thats what i did and it worked fine. its just really slow and choppy
September 18, 2009 06:08AM
how can you load wii64 through bootmii?
do you mean loadmii?
September 18, 2009 06:21AM
Can't you go to the little SD card icon in bootmii and launch apps?
September 18, 2009 07:03AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Can't you go to the little SD card icon in bootmii and launch apps?
You can only launch MINI apps with BootMii
I believe musicalmatt means LoadMii
ICANSEEYOU7687
WaxyPumpkin72
you can buy them from the shop channel, and then they'll be there. :D
I dont see how this is pirating like you just told me?
He means you could pirate the games OR buy them, not that buying them is piracy.
September 18, 2009 07:57AM
are there any mini apps in existence?
September 18, 2009 08:11AM
besides Ceiling Cat (the bootmii GUI), 2, cboot2 and MIKE

cboot2 allows you to install a trucha patched IOS, this is made for people who have lost just about all other recovery capabilities, at least this is my understanding of it, and I have no idea if I'm allowed to discuss cboot2 here

and MIKE is a Linux Kernel that starts using MINI, which allows it greater hardware access than if you loaded through the HBC (A.K.A. IOS), for example, with MIKE we can use the Wii's ethernet card. it's not a hardware limitation of loading through IOS, this is just made easier if loaded through MINI

EDIT: and Comex's NAND FS Formatter, which wipes the NAND, and installs the bare essentials to get your Wii up and running

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 08:15AM by cactusjack901.
September 18, 2009 08:59AM
where could i get these apps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 09:06AM by darklink.
September 18, 2009 06:28PM
err....dunno... around I guess =p

MIKE you can find on the GC-Linux page, a compiled version of Comex's NAND Formatter was linked here recently, and cboot2 you can find on most of the fail sites
September 18, 2009 06:36PM
cBoot2 is not made for recovery purposes afaik, its for installing cIOS as a WAD on "unmoddable" wiis mainly. And it is definetly NOT allowed to be discussed here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login