Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel and USB

Posted by fozzi_behr 
Homebrew Channel and USB
September 19, 2009 12:55AM
I installed the homebrew channel like a year ago onto my wii, by the twilight hack. But, I don't have an SD card anymore, and no apps. Can I load the apps through a USB in the homebrew channel? I tried this, but none would show up. (I put an apps folder on the root of the USB and inside was a game folder, inside that was the correct boot.dol and game files, then I plugged it in and ran the homebrew channel) Do I need to format my USB? Its a sandisk cruzer, with all that preinstalled crap.
Re: Homebrew Channel and USB
September 19, 2009 03:11AM
I would make sure that it is formated to FAT and that you have the newest HBC. You must also make sure that the app supports USB sticks.
September 19, 2009 01:45PM
It should show up in HBC regardless of USB support. Anyway, it must be FAT or FAT32 formatted, and I think it must be plugged in before the Wii is turned on. At least, my pen drive wont work in MPlayer CE if I plug it in while the Wii is on (I plugged it in at System Menu, then launch HBC, then MPlayer CE, and it didnt recongize it)
September 19, 2009 10:35PM
SifJar
It should show up in HBC regardless of USB support. Anyway, it must be FAT or FAT32 formatted, and I think it must be plugged in before the Wii is turned on. At least, my pen drive wont work in MPlayer CE if I plug it in while the Wii is on (I plugged it in at System Menu, then launch HBC, then MPlayer CE, and it didnt recongize it)

I know but the app wouldnt load....
September 19, 2009 10:43PM
TopGun96
SifJar

I know but the app wouldnt load....
Yuppers. :)
Also, if you had a SD card and a USB stick in at the same time, it messes with things, so don't do that. :P
September 20, 2009 02:22AM
Ok, I think my homebrew is a little old, but i'll try formatting. Also, when I open the channel, it shows me an option to update, so it loads it, goes into a screen with text, says everything can be installed, then I hit ok, but it says error: cannot flush to SD and it just stops, won't let me exit. I can still turn the wii off, but it won't update. Any ideas why? And also, can I install homwbrew without an SD?
September 20, 2009 04:36AM
you need a sd card to install homebrew especially bootmii so it can write the 3 files it need
September 20, 2009 06:00PM
Ok, so I formatted my USB to FAT32, and in the root is inly an apps folder, which inside has the homebrew_broswer folder, and inside that has all the requirements for running. I plug it into my wii, while off, without any other memory devices in, and start up the homebrew channel. Inside is a blank screen, two small icons on the bottom right. One is a gecko, the other, idk. The non-gecko is flashing, then stops, and nothing happens. I try to click on the gecko but it does nothing. Ideas? Oh and how do I find what version my HBC is?
September 20, 2009 06:29PM
find your version by pressing home in HBC and it'll be in the top right corner.
September 20, 2009 07:32PM
So, I found my version, and I think the matter is its simply too old for usb support, i think: it says "beta 8", so that's pretty old
September 20, 2009 08:23PM
Yeah, just run HackMii Installer and install the latest HBC over the top of the old one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login