Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Use Homebrew W/O Permanent Changes

Posted by BloodBlight 
Use Homebrew W/O Permanent Changes
September 21, 2009 05:13AM
I would like to use Homebrew, if possible, without making permanent changes to my system. I have a copy of Twilight and don't mind extra steps.

Is it possible to still do thinks like install DivX and use the applications in such a way that it can be completely removed.

Why I ask? I got my box used, and it has some artifacting because the last owner let it overheat. And I am not to the point, but am thinking about sending it in to get repaired. I don't want them to send it back with n “You SOL!” letter.
Re: Use Homebrew W/O Permanent Changes
September 21, 2009 05:21AM
The homebrew channel itself doesn't make any permanent changes to your wii. It can be uninstalled.

As for "DivX", i don't know what you're talking about....Do you mean DVDx?
September 21, 2009 05:31AM
Sorry, yes. Habbit based typing there. :)

And if I have to use the Bannerbomb exploit, that doesn't make any permanent changes either?

Thanks!!!
September 21, 2009 05:32AM
No, it doesn't make a difference what exploit you use. I'd suggest the twilight hack, though. Its more reliable, but it only works if you're on 3.4 and below.
September 21, 2009 05:36AM
Thanks Mr. P!
September 21, 2009 05:37AM
BloodBlight
Thanks Mr. P!
No no no....Call me Waxy. :P
September 21, 2009 05:42AM
^____^
September 21, 2009 06:17PM
Just have the LoadMii app as the root boot.dol file and all the stuff you want on the "apps" folders. It does absolutely nothing to the system, although I would suggest installing HBC anyway.
September 21, 2009 09:27PM
Matoking
Just have the LoadMii app as the root boot.dol file and all the stuff you want on the "apps" folders. It does absolutely nothing to the system, although I would suggest installing HBC anyway.

This will indeed work, but not for DVDx. You MUST install DVDx for DVDx apps, however, it along with HBC, can be uninstalled. However, if you are in the position of sending in the Wii, you probably wont be able to remove them, so if you are really worried, just use LoadMii and dont install DVDx or HBC. However, you wont be able to use DVDx apps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login