Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instalation woes boot2 ios (newb)

Posted by mrvertigo27 
Instalation woes boot2 ios (newb)
September 28, 2009 04:13PM
ok, so i downloaded the bannerbomb and hackmii installer unzipped them to my sd card, put it in the wii, got everything installed

*homebrew chanel
*homebrew browser
*dvdx (not sure what this does someone help) but its installed
(boot 2 not installed as i do not know how to check for version number and ive heard if i do this wrong it can brick my wii)
(ios not installed for same reason as above, i could not find a laymens terms guides on this or what it does)

now i boot into my wii and get the homebrew browser with bubbles only, i am net connected and have the right most icon on the left side illuminated but not the one to its left... if that helps

EDIT:

as far as i know everything went ok with the installer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 04:28PM by mrvertigo27.
Re: Instalation woes boot2 ios (newb)
September 28, 2009 04:46PM
You need to put apps on your SD Card.
September 28, 2009 06:42PM
If u have got the option to install boot2,then do that.
It'll ask if u want to format card,do this then install as boot2.

now turn off your wii,and it,ll restart in bootmii screen (u may need a GC controller to choose options or use eject/reset buttons, watch utube vid) now once u can go throught options,go to the cog with green arrow,and make a nand backup,and when all thats done,keep the files and nand backup safe.

dvdx is for dvd movies.
September 28, 2009 09:21PM
skagg
If u have got the option to install boot2,then do that.
It'll ask if u want to format card,do this then install as boot2.

now turn off your wii,and it,ll restart in bootmii screen (u may need a GC controller to choose options or use eject/reset buttons, watch utube vid) now once u can go throught options,go to the cog with green arrow,and make a nand backup,and when all thats done,keep the files and nand backup safe.

dvdx is for dvd movies.
Not only are you incorrect in many regards, your comment is also irrelevant.
September 28, 2009 09:48PM
mrvertigo27
*dvdx (not sure what this does someone help) but its installed

Arikado
DVDX unlocks the DVD Drive by flipping one of the register lows to a high thus allowing the hardware to read and DVD disc regardless of whether or not it was signed by Nintendo.

With the proper software, you can then read DVD discs to play DVD movies, load stored ROMs (for emulators that support this feature), and theoretically anything else that can be done by reading a DVD.
Thats what DVDx is for.

mrvertigo27
boot 2 not installed as i do not know how to check for version number and ive heard if i do this wrong it can brick my wii
Just install it. Whoever told you that you will brick your wii by installing it is wrong. You can brick your wii when restoring/dumping a NAND backup and the power goes out, but thats all that I can think of. I suggest you install it.

mrvertigo
now i boot into my wii and get the homebrew browser with bubbles only
Press the "A" button on the homebrew browser, press load, and what for it to load. From the HBB, you can download apps. Then, they will appear on the HBC. :)

mrvertigo
the right most icon on the left side illuminated but not the one to its left
If the one on the left isn't illuminated, its fine. All that means is that you don't have a USBGecko/GC Memory Card in your wii.

I hope that helps answer your questions. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 09:49PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 28, 2009 10:01PM
WaxyPumpkin72

mrvertigo27
boot 2 not installed as i do not know how to check for version number and ive heard if i do this wrong it can brick my wii
Just install it. Whoever told you that you will brick your wii by installing it is wrong. You can brick your wii when restoring/dumping a NAND backup and the power goes out, but thats all that I can think of. I suggest you install it.

Some newer wiis cant install BootMii as boot2, and if it is installed on them, it will indeed brick. HOWEVER, the HackMii Installer is very clever, made by very clever people, and they've made it check to see if its safe to install as boot2 or not. If the HackMii Installer lets you install as boot2, it is completely 100% safe.
September 29, 2009 12:21AM
ok, did all of the above installed boot2 (i have firmware version 3.1u i think) and i reinstalled into the boot2 thing navigated using power, reset, and eject and i went to the homebrew channel that way and still got blue bubbles. i did not install boot2 to ios because noone really talked about that.... should i install to ios?

will that fix my net connection issue with homebrew?
EDIT:
ok, i thought that because i had an icon in my main menue for homebrew that that was the browser, i now have it installed THANKS for the help guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 12:31AM by mrvertigo27.
September 29, 2009 12:31AM
Arikado
You need to put apps on your SD Card.
September 29, 2009 12:56AM
As for installing bootmii IOS, its useless right now. Don't bother with it, unless you really want to for some reason. :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login