Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get Bannerbomb to work on System Menu 3.2U

Posted by Expletive 
Can't get Bannerbomb to work on System Menu 3.2U
September 30, 2009 02:57AM
I purchased a used Wii today, and it came with System Menu 3.2U, so I decided to run bannerbomb on it, and I've followed the instructions to the letter, but when it shows the SD card, it doesn't show any channels, only a blank list of channels. From screenshots I've seen it should show a bannerbomb, yet it doesn't. The only explanation I can think of is that I'm using a MicroSD card in an SD adapter rather than an SD card.
Re: Can't get Bannerbomb to work on System Menu 3.2U
September 30, 2009 03:07AM
Go to settings, data management, channels, SD card.

It should work. The sd should be set up like this.

/private/wii/title/atkn/content.bin
/boot.dol

The first one is bannerbomb and the second is the piece of homebrew.
September 30, 2009 04:09PM
It has to have boot.dol? I downloaded the hackmii installer and it had boot.elf
September 30, 2009 05:39PM
Both boot.elf and boot.dol are fine.
September 30, 2009 05:39PM
I also failed to use bannerbomb on 3.2U, while I used it fine on 4.1U. I suggest using the Twilighthack which works fine on 3.2U.
September 30, 2009 06:59PM
I've already spent all my money on the Wii, so I can't afford Twilight Princess. Is there a way to update a Wii to 4.1U to 3.2U without going to 4.2?
September 30, 2009 08:04PM
I think you could use NUSD and download the system menu 4.1 WAD and install it via a WAD installer, but I'm not sure if thats what you would do.....Could someone confirm for me, please?

Also, you don't have to buy TP, you could just rent it..... That is, if they have things like that where you live. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 08:13PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 30, 2009 08:40PM
WaxyPumpkin72
I think you could use NUSD and download the system menu 4.1 WAD and install it via a WAD installer, but I'm not sure if thats what you would do.....Could someone confirm for me, please?

Also, you don't have to buy TP, you could just rent it..... That is, if they have things like that where you live. :P

You'd also need to install IOS60 and 61 so you dont brick. Use WiiSCU (wii application) to install them (select +trucha for IOS60, -trucha for IOS61), then use NUSD (PC app) to download the 4.1 System Menu for your region and pack it as a WAD (tick the box in NUSD). Then use wadimport (wii app) to install it. Then you will have 4.1 with all necessary IOS.

Optional: Use WiiSCU to update all the channels it allows you to and also the other IOS it allows you to update (choose -trucha), then you can access shop channel and latest mii channel and photo channel.
September 30, 2009 10:00PM
Hmm, So if I can't get bannerbomb to work, how do I use WiiSCU? It's just a boot.dol, which still doesn't work with bannerbomb.
September 30, 2009 10:18PM
Use the Twilight Hack, Smash Stack, or Indiana Pwns to launch WiiSCU.
September 30, 2009 11:20PM
Expletive
Hmm, So if I can't get bannerbomb to work, how do I use WiiSCU? It's just a boot.dol, which still doesn't work with bannerbomb.

huh, good point. didnt think of that, soz. and using another exploit would defeat the point of upgrade...just use another exploit, no problems. try and rent/buy a copy of twilight princess or lego indiana jones, or, if you're in US, Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login