Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple of questions and 1 problem

Posted by pokeglobe 
A couple of questions and 1 problem
September 30, 2009 08:16AM
1. Can a backup enabled wii run CD-R to restore something or read files? (Only backup enabling for this I am not a pirate :D)
2. What do I compile the twilight hack source with?

Issue-
Whenever I use HBC it kills my SD card. ( I have to format it VIA PC )
Loadmii works fine.
Re: A couple of questions and 1 problem
September 30, 2009 08:30AM
1) We can not support backup enabling software here, even if you don't pirate, or don't make backups, and even if you did make backups, the problem is the information can be used by Pirates

2) The Wii can not read CD-R discs, period, this is a hardware limitation. You can install DVDx, which won't enable backups, but will enable you to use DVD-R discs to read files

3) Don't bother with the Twilight Hack, use Bannerbomb, Stacksmash, or Indiana Pwns. Also, if you update to 4.2 you're kinda screwed at the moment, so if you're on anything before 4.0, download a compiled Twilight Hack [wiibrew.org] use it to run the Hackmii Installer and install HBC, DVDx, and Bootmii/boot2, make a NAND backup, and look around to find out how to update to 4.0 or 4.1 (not sure how to do this, all I know is not to use Waninkoko's updater), and you'll be golden
September 30, 2009 09:00AM
I want to know how to compile the twilight hack so I can mess around with the source for private use.
I probably asked that in the wrong section.

Just that HBC issue and I am done.

BTW you answered the question you said you couldn't answer.
September 30, 2009 10:33AM
Err.... I don't see how, I didn't give any information on how to run backups, or how to install backup loading software. All I did was tell you the legal alternative to do what you wanted to do. the HBC issue I think is your SD card, and I really can't help you with the Twilight Hack compiling
September 30, 2009 10:46AM
I wasn't asking for backup support in the first place. I just wanted to know if it was WAREZ'D could it run a CD-R

I hope someone else can answer my compile question.
September 30, 2009 08:21PM
Doesn't matter though, just the sheer discussion of the software that allows the backup loading isn't allowed here. Either way, doesn't change the fact that it can't read a CD-R, period.
September 30, 2009 11:37PM
You "make" the twilight hack. (ie: Use a command prompt)
October 01, 2009 01:21AM
I cannot figure out how to do it.
October 01, 2009 05:34AM
if you have the toolchains installed, you use the make command to build the twilight hack. I was unsure of this, or if you had to go through some special process to get it to make right, thanks Arikado
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login