Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Snes9x GX

Posted by Molzo 
Problems with Snes9x GX
October 02, 2009 09:37PM
I've having problems with the Snes9x emulator. Everytime I try to boot it, I get a black screen and I don't know why. All my other homebrew apps, including my VBA GX emulator work perfectly fine. My Snes9x used to crash randomly, but now it doesn't work at all. And I don't use homebrew that permanently modifies your Wii. Can someone help me? I don't know if it's relevant, but I have System Menu 4.0, HBC 1.0.3, IOS 61 and BootMii installed as boot2.
Thanks anyway.
Re: Problems with Snes9x GX
October 02, 2009 09:39PM
You might want to try reinstalling it, cause that never happened to me. Might be what System version you have. I have 3.2 and it works fine.
October 02, 2009 10:04PM
Unlike what the n00b above me suggests, what system menu you have installed is irrelevant to the loading of snes9xgx. I would try (manually) updating to the latest version if I were you.
October 02, 2009 10:08PM
Arikado
Unlike what the n00b above me suggests, what system menu you have installed is irrelevant to the loading of snes9xgx. I would try (manually) updating to the latest version if I were you.

I love it when your nice to people, it gives me the warm fuzzies.

If you have a config file setup to point to a smb share make sure it's correct, that's what held me up for awhile.
October 02, 2009 10:41PM
the settings may have been changed to a video mode that is unsupported by your display. re-downloading it will set the default settings and it should work
October 03, 2009 06:08PM
Hey, it works! I just had to update to the latest version. Now it works perfecly fine without any crashes. Thanks for all your help and thanks for the tip, Arikado! I owe you guys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 06:10PM by Molzo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login