Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to this

Posted by persephone325 
Re: New to this
October 13, 2009 03:22AM
And that will allow me to play imported games? I've heard of that but wasn't sure what it did. Should I download that to the SD card too? Or just put what I have on the SD card on the Wii and then get it through Homebrew? (I think that would be easier though, right?)
October 13, 2009 03:58AM
Yes, you can get it through the homebrew browser. Its under utilities.
October 13, 2009 04:03AM
Okey-dokey. Thanks very much.
October 13, 2009 09:13PM
Alrighty. It worked. Only the BootMii app is confusing me. Is it necessary to have? I went through the process and installed it as an IOS I think, but I'm not sure if it installed correctly. It said I needed to insert an SD card, but there was already one in there. So I hit proceed anyway. It said it was successful though. Does that mean I did it right?
October 14, 2009 07:26AM
Yes. To access it, you need to press the home button in the HBC menu. It will say "launch bootmii" or something. Its kind of useless to have it ATM, though....
October 14, 2009 08:43AM
Well, useless as IOS
October 14, 2009 05:11PM
cactusjack901
Well, useless as IOS
You have MINI loader. How is that useless?
October 14, 2009 07:45PM
Arikado
cactusjack901
Well, useless as IOS

Because besides a formatter which wipes everything from your Wii (hence the "format" part), and MiKe Linux kernel, there is no MINI homebrew atm. Not much use having a loader with nothing to load.
October 14, 2009 11:06PM
SifJar
Arikado
cactusjack901
Well, useless as IOS

Because besides a formatter which wipes everything from your Wii (hence the "format" part), and MiKe Linux kernel, there is no MINI homebrew atm. Not much use having a loader with nothing to load.

Exactly, in a few months or so, maybe as long as a year, when people start writing MINI apps, then Bootmii as IOS will be useful, but for now, not really
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login