Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyRegion Changer

Posted by tetsure 
AnyRegion Changer
October 10, 2009 04:01AM
After installing AnyRegion Changer, I come across a problem. In the screen where you change Console Area, System Region, etc. there constantly appears a message saying there is a mismatch in Console Area and System Region. However, both are set as USA. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I also have some side questions:

1. In order to be able to play a Japanese game from a US Wii, what should be changed to Japan?

2. I here many say that I should not downgrade to 3.2 from a 4.1. Is this true, or do I need to downgrade to play Japanese games? I am currently on 4.1U.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 04:10AM by tetsure.
Re: AnyRegion Changer
October 10, 2009 04:17AM
You don't ever need to downgrade to do anything. As a matter of fact, you don't need to use anyregion changer to play japanese games.

Just use Gecko OS to launch region free games.
October 10, 2009 05:00AM
WaxyPumpkin72
You don't ever need to downgrade to do anything. As a matter of fact, you don't need to use anyregion changer to play japanese games.

Just use Gecko OS to launch region free games.

Hmmm. After putting the file (Gecko OS 1.9.2.) in my empty SD Card under apps and putting it into my Wii (System Menu 4.1U), when I went to the HBC, nothing appeared there. What step did I miss?
October 10, 2009 05:09AM
You didn't set up the directory correctly.

Make sure the contents look like this:

ROOT:/apps/Gecko_os/boot.dol/elf

Go into the folder that you downloaded, and you'll find another folder called Gecko192. Inside that, there's another folder called "HBC". Inside that, there's another folder called "Gecko192". Drag that to the apps folder.
October 11, 2009 02:54AM
I used AnyRegion Changer to downgrade my wii and after it installed system menu 3.2 it told me that I had a console area and system menu mismatch, but they were both the same region. After restarting my wii everything was normal. So it is probably just a bug in AnyRegion Changer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 02:54AM by jbc007.
October 11, 2009 02:42PM
Thank you guys so much for the help, Waxy and jbc. Thanks a ton!
October 13, 2009 02:30AM
You're welcome. :)
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login