Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to this, wondered if you can help?

Posted by chris86 
New to this, wondered if you can help?
October 19, 2009 11:24AM
Hi, just got a wii (newest 4.2e version) and started looking into the homebrew possiblities. (Never tried this sort of thing before).
Installed the 'Hackmii installer' as suggested, pretty much sucessfull and am now using the 'Homebrew Channel' to download apps.

I'm using the 'MplayerCE' to play movies from my external hard-drive but am not able to play DVD discs. The disc starts turning then stops and the player displays 'Error mounting DVD'.

I've read that DVDX is removed by the 4.2e update, is this applicable when DVDX is installed via Hackmii? Is there something simple I've mised?

Thanks.
Re: New to this, wondered if you can help?
October 19, 2009 11:49AM
Actually:

"Arikado [ PM ]
Re: Newbie help with dvdx, thanks new
October 13, 2009 10:50PM Moderator

Quote:
digitalduck
Oh, so I actually cant use the hackmii installer or whatever to use dvd to play dvds as of this point. It has nothing to do with an incorrect IO or anything that I would have to downgrade? Thanks :)

HackMii Installer and DVDX work. The apps that use them are just broken for now until they are updated."

Think this answers most of my question!

So will I have to do anything (i.e. reload DVDX because it was removed) or is the DVDX still there and just awaiting a revision to MplayerCE?
October 19, 2009 12:38PM
DVDX is still there, but is currently incompatible with MPlayer. Just wait for an update for MPlayer.
October 19, 2009 05:03PM
If it's really important, use the old Hackmii 0.3 and install DVDx everytime you want to play a DVD. Unfortunatly I cannot find it. It might be on the servers somewhere.
October 20, 2009 10:39AM
Sweet, cheers guys.
Will probably just wait, I assume the update will appear soon?

Nice Wii workings!
October 20, 2009 06:43PM
The update is pretty easy to do, just change every instance of "DVDX" to "DISC" in it.
October 21, 2009 12:56AM
Yeah, I was going to make/post an update, but I'm having issues getting it to compile. If someone wants, I'll send them the updated source and they can compile it
October 21, 2009 01:58AM
metroid_maniac
The update is pretty easy to do, just change every instance of "DVDX" to "DISC" in it.
There's actually only one "instance" of it.
October 21, 2009 10:53AM
Where is the DVDX I need to change to DISC?
October 21, 2009 12:29PM
Open boot.elf up in a hex editor.
October 21, 2009 09:26PM
WikiFSX
Open boot.elf up in a hex editor.
It would be a better idea to open the source in an IDE, edit, and recompile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login