Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-virginising the wii, does it work 100%

Posted by Dannymh 
Re-virginising the wii, does it work 100%
October 20, 2009 05:03AM
So before I send my wii into Ninty for repair, I was wondering if using the guides to reverse the softmodding, 100% work, as in do they move every trace of the softmodding so that Ninty can not trace or know the fact I modded it and therefore not reject the repair?

Kind Regards
Dan
Re: Re-virginising the wii, does it work 100%
October 20, 2009 05:35AM
Backup your saves,Delete bootmii,Uninstall any cIOS,Format and send it in. Worked for me!
(Don't brick yourself in the process. Don't uninstall IOS!)
October 20, 2009 05:42AM
I installed with boot2 rather than ios so will that make any difference. I will be pissed if they update it to 4.2
October 20, 2009 06:08AM
They will. There is always 3rd party repairs if you need it that badly.
Hackmii installer can uninstall boot2 bootmii as well as the IOS.

Good luck!
October 20, 2009 06:13AM
all of this just says to me I should fork out $50 for a replacement drive from that chinese ebay seller who sells them and just do the repair myself.

Dan
October 20, 2009 03:55PM
Look for a local service. I got some local service for a broken wii drive (Didn't read disks/drive wheels were broken)
I paid about $30 and had it back in 3 weeks.

I wouldn't do it by ebay. If you put parental controls on the wii, the 3rd party people can't update it.
Search classifieds sites for people in your area.

Usually this isn't the best idea. But if you want to keep your system menu and boot2 as it is you stick with 3rd party!
Good luck!
October 20, 2009 03:57PM
Edit:If you can't find anyone in your area and you are good feel free to fix it yourself.
I just don't know if it's like xbox360 with the DVD keys. You should check on google/youtube or something to find out.
Edit: 3rd party repair guys don't care about homebrew :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 03:57PM by pokeglobe.
October 21, 2009 01:06AM
I am happy to replace the drive myself, its a simple task really. But I can not claim local repairers under extended store warranty. I might as well just do it myself, its just easier and faster turn around.

Thanks for your help
Dan
October 21, 2009 01:47AM
No problem :) Hope you fix it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login