Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FAT USB device not mounted

Posted by Jez.M 
FAT USB device not mounted
October 31, 2009 12:46AM
Hey People,

I am using Mplayer-CE and it works great with dvd's and streaming (well its a tad bit rubbish) but anyway i have most of my films on Hdd because i copied them before moving over to where i live now, because i have 5-600 dvds back home it figured out a lot cheaper than to export them, anyways.....

I am trying to use the app and it says both: FAT USB device not mounted
NTFS USB device not mounted

could someone please point me in the right direction so i can fix this please, I take it that the films have to be Xvid

Thanx in Advance

Edit: I have just been researching the problem here (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE) again and noticed it said about booting from the HBC i know that the HBB said that my usb wasn't mounted ? ? ? Could that affect it and even if it doesn't how can i get it so it does get mounted ? ? ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 01:19AM by Jez.M.
Re: FAT USB device not mounted
October 31, 2009 01:43PM
It doesn't look like your USB drive is compatable.
October 31, 2009 03:17PM
You need the MPlayer USB cIOS installed.
October 31, 2009 04:46PM
gameboy13
It doesn't look like your USB drive is compatable.
I know its compatible, but thanks for the input,

Arikado
You need the MPlayer USB cIOS installed.

I thought i had it installed but obviously not, or at least not properly...

I am talking with SifJar about updating my system.... do you think this maybe the cause, that it needs updating ? ? ?
October 31, 2009 04:55PM
Updating wont help USB work.
October 31, 2009 05:56PM
SifJar
Updating wont help USB work.

No i know that but i have noticed on some posts it says that you need to update or downgrade to get a certain ios to work, for instance i was reading a post from here:
[www.wiihacks.com]
And it mentions that you should update then downgrade and to be honest because i don't understand or know what exactley ios is i find it hard to understand why you would need to upgrade then downgrade.....

I am seeing ios's as a form of software (programing if you like)

Ok so if i install the mplayer usb am i right in thinking that it will work ? ? ? Im sure i have it on there, would there need to be any specific ios for my Wii i have 3.3E
bootmii config editor
cios installer
coverfloader (the mrs saw it and wanted it )
dvdx installer 3.4
HBB
ios checker
mplayer ce
cios38rev10/boot.dol
HackMii installer/boot
Wad manager/boot.dol (apparently i needed this for the coverfloader, I know that having
wads is tricky as concerns with bricking but you know what
women are like)
October 31, 2009 06:01PM
cIOS and USB loaders (such as the one you mentioned) are not supported here. BTW, there's more risk of them bricking you than WiiSCU (reference to our PM conversation).

Anyway, NEVER downgrade an IOS, it is probably the WORST idea in Wii hacking.
October 31, 2009 06:37PM
SifJar
cIOS and USB loaders (such as the one you mentioned) are not supported here. BTW, there's more risk of them bricking you than WiiSCU (reference to our PM conversation).

Anyway, NEVER downgrade an IOS, it is probably the WORST idea in Wii hacking.

So now i am REALLY confused ? ? ? I thought that the wiiscu use's ios's to update ? ? ?

So if i have this straight,

Wiiscu updates the Wii console by fooling the nintendo server and making it think that it hasn't been modified with the HomeBrew Browser/Channel, (hence getting a kind of legitimate update)
But an IOS that you would get from say the cIOS installer is something completely different ! ! ! That is an update that has been down loaded by a person and has also been modified by that person to fool the Wii console ? ? ?
October 31, 2009 08:30PM
No. You are completely confused. IOS are an important part of the Wii System. There are many of them, with different ones being used for differrent things (some games use IOS36, others use IOS37 etc.). NUS (Nintendo Update Servers) will give you all the latest IOS and the latest System Menu regardless of whether you have homebrew or not. WiiSCU selectively downloads some IOS, leaving out others and the System Menu, to allow safe upgrading of System Channels, e.g. Shop Channel. cIOS downloads an IOS from NUS and then applies a load of patches to it, such as "backup" allowing patches.
October 31, 2009 09:14PM
Ok i think i got it. . . So Wiiscu only downloads selective IOS's that should/could not brick your system - Unless the power goes off Which could always happen if you used the Wii console update (if the power went off)
October 31, 2009 09:29PM
yeah pretty much. But witht the IOS that WiiSCU installs, you shouldnt brick even if you do lose power, you'll just have some not working IOS. The only really important IOS is your System Menu IOS, which if you're on a System Menu <4.0, WiiSCU doesnt touch.
November 03, 2009 10:47PM
OK great I got it, everything is working great and as it should be ;o)

Thanx again for all the knowledge and patience you have had for me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login