Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newb having a bit of trouble

Posted by Jasonm 
Newb having a bit of trouble
November 10, 2009 03:43PM
Hello all...

Just had a read through the homebrew setup tutorial and thought i would give it a go, i formatted the SD card to FAT and not FAT32, copied over the boot.elf and the private folder, went to data management - channels - sd card inserted the card and i then get an error message that the card inserted cannot be used...
The card is not locked, it is a 4gb Kingston SDHC my version is 3.4E. Is the brand of card or size that i am using the problem...?

Thanks
Re: Newb having a bit of trouble
November 10, 2009 03:57PM
Try FAT32 then. I didn't format my SD card and it worked fine.
November 10, 2009 04:05PM
Just tried that and still no joy, getting the same error message
November 10, 2009 04:18PM
I'm not sure. All I did was take my SD card out of my camera, delete everything on it, put it in my laptops card reader and copied the files to it, put it in my wii and it worked.
November 10, 2009 04:52PM
god knows then, not sure what to do now
November 10, 2009 04:58PM
Buy a new SD card. I'm still learing about this but I have all the files on my SD card and it boots to the install screen, I'm just trying to learn more before I install. I'm on 4.2 version.
November 10, 2009 05:17PM
That was what i asked on the original post if it was an issue with the card, might try and get a sandisk 2gb and see what happens...cheers
November 10, 2009 06:50PM
The sandisk 2gb card will work. System menu 3.4 and older will not read SDHC cards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login