Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Safe Removal of Homebrew & Neo Gamma

Posted by Ritchiec80 
Safe Removal of Homebrew & Neo Gamma
November 13, 2009 11:43PM
Hi Guys

I'm new to all of this and would like to remove Homebrew and neogamma and return my wii back to normal and legit. How do I do this so that I can safely update it and play games online again? Please remember I'm a beginner. Thanks
Re: Safe Removal of Homebrew & Neo Gamma
November 13, 2009 11:50PM
You can safely update and play games online fine no matter whats on your wii.

anyway, run AnyTitle deleter and use it to delete teh neogamma channel (if you installed it as a channel) and then run HackMii Installer and uninstall HBC. Then update. BTW, we dont support backups/backup loaders (e.g. neogamma), but as you're getting rid of it, i guess thats ok...
November 17, 2009 11:22PM
Cheers. Where do I get any title deleter? and hackMii installer?
November 17, 2009 11:33PM
AnyTitle Deleter : find it on wiibrew.org
HackMii Installer: bootmii.org/download
December 03, 2009 08:30AM
I have been researching how to remove Neogamma and looked at AnyTitle Deleter and didn't see anywhere within the software where I could do that. Am I missing something? I would really like my Wii to be returned to its original state as well, but can't figure out how. The softmod is causing me nothing but trouble. Please help.
December 03, 2009 09:35AM
If neogamma is installed as a channel (I'm assuming it is), then when you run anytitle deleter, you should find a title that has some of the letters from the word "neogamma", so it might be "ngma" or "neog", or something like that. Once you've located the correct title, delete it.

As for HBC deletion, just re-run the hackmii installer and select "Uninstall."

I hope that helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 09:36AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 03, 2009 02:30PM
Regarding backup channels and how to remove them, a friend of mine had WBLC (the wiigator one) and he just deleted it from data management and the ticket was gone too. So is that a bug in ATD or does that always happen?
December 03, 2009 07:47PM
TopGun96
Regarding backup channels and how to remove them, a friend of mine had WBLC (the wiigator one) and he just deleted it from data management and the ticket was gone too. So is that a bug in ATD or does that always happen?
It deletes the ticket on purpose. This is why you shouldn't delete VC/WW channels.
December 04, 2009 03:44AM
Thanks for the help. I must have overlooked that channel the first time and found it after I checked again. I just want to confirm however that with deleting the Neogamma channel that it will also delete the rev14 wad that was installed as well? Even after deleting the channel I am still experiencing problems. i.e. freezing...

Thanks again for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 03:47AM by LeviGarrett.
December 04, 2009 04:15AM
metroid_maniac
TopGun96
It deletes the ticket on purpose. This is why you shouldn't delete VC/WW channels.
So it removes the ticket of a VC/WW game from the data management screen?
December 04, 2009 04:48AM
Not sure what you are talking about? VC/WW? Used AnyTitle deleter and it showed three channels, one of which was Neogamma. Selected to delete it and it did, but when I originally install rev 14, it looks like it flashes the system. When deleting it, it does not look remotely the same. So, it appears as though the channel might be gone, but the rev 14 wad is still in place. Can the wad be flashed back - even to rev 7 (which I could live with as it never crashed the system)... I have tried even installing the rev 7 cios several times and while it appears successful, I get a 1035 error...

p.s. what's WBLC and ATD?
December 04, 2009 05:00AM
LeviGarrett
Not sure what you are talking about? VC/WW?
Virtual Console/Wiiware

LeviGarrett
what's WBLC
Its the title for a backup launcher

LeviGarrett
ATD?
AnyTitle Deleter.
December 04, 2009 05:59PM
Got it. Managed to look into the system files using ATD and it shows all the ios files installed. The trick is to know which ones belong to NG and which are actualy system requirements??? I did delete ios249 because I knew that one was from BG, but there is a whole page of them. Which ones can I safely delete?
December 04, 2009 08:32PM
I don't think that the channel would be listed under the IOS list.... Aren't there other options to look through?
December 04, 2009 11:03PM
Okay.

Just a clarification, what is your Wii doing that it shouldn't?
December 26, 2009 07:22PM
Just following up. Sorry for the late reply, but I solved the problem using AnyTitleDeleter and removing the ios. The symptoms were hanging, freezing, lines across the screen etc... on previously good working games. I have heard that rev14 had some bugs and thought I'd try it anyway knowing that it was easy to remove. Should have researched how to remove it before I installed it, but that typically of me, jumping before thinking. Thanks for the help everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login