Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System Menu 3.2 and BootMii

Posted by Blackhawk2 
System Menu 3.2 and BootMii
November 18, 2009 05:08AM
A couple questions.

Is there any good reason to stay on system menu 3.2 anymore? I have been reluctant to upgrade as I really don't need SDHC support and I am pretty sure that my IOS versions are pretty old, I haven't bought any new games in quite a while. I have been running some games through Gecko to avoid any system updates.

I have BootMii installed as boot 2 and have a backup of my NAND. My BootMii version was from HackMii beta 1. Should I install the latest version of BootMii (I believe it's beta 5) and make another backup? If so, do I have to delete the files on the sd card or can I just install over the one I have?

My homebrew version is 1.03 I believe and I have read that if I choose to upgrade the system menu, I need to install the latest version so I don't lose it because of the title ID change. I'm a little nervous only because I have never used bannerbomb before and everything is working O.K. now. Any input is welcomed, thanks.
Re: System Menu 3.2 and BootMii
November 18, 2009 01:15PM
You don't need to use bannerbomb, you can just update through the HBC. That will also allow you to install the newest version of DVDX.

BootMii beta 5 can be installed over beta 1, but the 4.2 update removes BootMii if you are using a boot2 version older than v4, which you are. What you should do is make a NAND backup before you update, and install BootMii afterwards.
Re: System Menu 3.2 and BootMii
November 19, 2009 05:25AM
Thanks for the reply. I may update this weekend after the storms pass, don't want to risk a power loss during updating...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login