Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exception (DSI)

Posted by Marth21 
Exception (DSI)
November 18, 2009 09:36PM
I get this message not to often. When i do i read it over and over. I just thought i would ask (i used search function) What is exeption DSI and what is it caused by?
Re: Exception (DSI)
November 18, 2009 09:41PM
its just an error. kinda like BSOD on windows, only for wii homebrew. it happens from time to time, and when it does, you have to hold power to turn off, or I believe you can press reset to return to HBC.
November 18, 2009 09:42PM
I know what to do when it happens but i want to know what its caused by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:43PM by Marth21.
November 18, 2009 09:45PM
It is caused by an app that crashes.
November 18, 2009 09:46PM
Its when an error occurs because something went wrong. :P
It can happen for various reasons. Sometimes you get them if you have external devices plugged in, or if the app wasn't compiled with the latest libraries, or if you're missing a necessary file for an app to run, or something like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:48PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
November 18, 2009 09:48PM
What triggers the error? The file is missing, and then what? A gamecube thing is plugged in, then what? What goes on to cause the error?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:50PM by Marth21.
November 18, 2009 09:49PM
I just told you....
November 18, 2009 09:50PM
I didn't see the edit.
November 18, 2009 09:51PM
Marth21
The file is missing, and then what?
Isn't it obvious? The app wouldn't be able to load because a necessary file is missing, AKA, it has nothing else to do but sit there and do nothing. lol
November 18, 2009 09:54PM
And what happens with a gamecube accesory?
November 18, 2009 09:56PM
I'm not really sure, but the app wasn't coded to have the support of the device plugged in, and it crashes.
November 18, 2009 09:59PM
Sometimes i just get it when i am playing super mario war. I have every file and nothing else is plugged in. I start doing tournaments and it crashes. And it ONLY happens with tournaments.
November 18, 2009 10:01PM
This used to happen to me. Did you download it from the HBB? If so, delete it, and download it manually through wiibrew.org. That fixed it for me.

Since I know you're about to ask, I honestly don't know why that app crashes. It might just be because its so big, I don't know. :P
November 18, 2009 10:18PM
ok that worked Thanks for the info!
November 18, 2009 10:39PM
You're welcome! :D

If you have more questions, just ask!
November 18, 2009 10:39PM
Apps sometimes randomly crash because they're having a bad day and other apps are picking on them (joke XD)

In all seriousness, some apps just randomly crash. As for why do apps crash with GC controllers/memory cards plugged in : how would you like some strange object stuck into you without you expecting it?
November 30, 2009 02:18AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Its when an error occurs because something went wrong. :P
It can happen for various reasons. Sometimes you get them if you have external devices plugged in, or if the app wasn't compiled with the latest libraries, or if you're missing a necessary file for an app to run, or something like that.
well i have a problem where whenever i attempt to run a game through gecko os i get the execption dsi message. EVERY TIME. plz help?
November 30, 2009 03:14AM
What version of Gecko OS are you using?

Also, do you have external devices plugged in?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login