Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where is the DOL file for install?

Posted by draexo 
Where is the DOL file for install?
November 21, 2009 04:25PM
OK. Here is the situation. My son has a Wii. He wants Homebrew. That means daddy (me) has to figure it out. I read the FAQ, download the programs, and get an idea, or so I think. I have downloaded HackMii installerv0.6 and also Banner Bomb v2, as our Wii is updated to the 4.2u version. I have the SD card all set... BUT HackMii comes with BOOT.ELF, which the HackMii readme says not to use, but instead use the BOOT.DOL. Where is it, or must I find another program to convert it (and then why was it not put in the archive converted??). Banner Bomb v2
for the 4.2u Wii says to use INSTALLER.ELF and rename it to BOOT.ELF.
So at this point I have no DOL and not sure what to do.
We have both Super Smash Brawl and Indian Jones Lego, so I could load HackMii that way as well, or I could run up and rent Zelda, but I was leaning toward using Banner Bomb v2.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Re: Where is the DOL file for install?
November 21, 2009 04:31PM
You should use the boot.elf file, it will work.
November 21, 2009 11:07PM
Hey, it worked great. Bootmii seems to have disappeared, but homebrew channel and browser work. Now I have to find the game cheats my son was looking for.
Thanks so much.
November 22, 2009 02:52AM
draexo
Hey, it worked great. Bootmii seems to have disappeared, but homebrew channel and browser work. Now I have to find the game cheats my son was looking for.
Thanks so much.
You can find a lot of those "game cheats" here:
[geckocodes.org]

And if you want lots of mario kart codes, you should go here:
[volderbeek.freeforums.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login