Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to access Wii setting

Posted by neoeva2015 
Unable to access Wii setting
November 21, 2009 11:15PM
I have an issue with my Wii and I was hoping to get some help here. I have a modded Japanese Wii with Homebrew Channel installed. When I try to access my Wii setting menu, an error message from Opera appears. It says "You tried to access the address marc://JP/JP/JPN/index01.html, which is unavailable. Please made sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page." I'm not sure what could have caused it. I recently purchased New Super Mario Bros Wii and did the update that came with the game. Everything still works, except I can't access my Wii setting menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Unable to access Wii setting
November 21, 2009 11:50PM
Seems like you did an out-of-region update. I'm guessing NSMB wasn't Japanese, yet you updated from it? If this is the case, the fix is reasonably simple: get dop-IOS MOD and install System Menu 4.1J with it.
November 22, 2009 03:52PM
Thanks SifJar for the tip. One follow up question, which IOS should I use to install the System menu?
November 22, 2009 06:20PM
If you have IOS249, use it. Otherwise try IOS36.
November 24, 2009 03:26AM
Thanks SifJar. I don't have IOS249 so I used IOS36 but when I tried to install the Japanese System Menu 4.1, I got an error message and it looks like the menu was not installed. What should I do?
November 24, 2009 09:33PM
Do you have the trucha bug in IOS 36? You must run Dop-IOS Mod on an IOS with the trucha bug.
November 24, 2009 09:50PM
Yeah you dont have trucha bug in IOS36. Thought you probably wouldnt...

OK, you need to update to System Menu 4.2J. Do you have BootMii as boot2? If so, take a NAND dump first as this is slightly risky.

Get NUSD and WadImport from the WiiBrew wiki.
Run NUSD on your computer and select Database>IOS>IOS70, tick the Pack>WAD box near the bottom of NUSD, and press Start NUS Download.
Repeat, this time selecting Database>System Menu>4.2J.

You now have two WADs. Put them in a folder called "wad" on the root of your SD card. Copy WadImport onto your SD card (it should have a path like this: (root):/apps/WadImport/boot.dol.

Turn on your Wii and run WadImport. Install IOS70 and then System Menu 4.2J. You MUST install in that order, or you could brick.

NOTE: This procedure is pretty risky, and if something goes wrong, you will have a brick. You have been warned.
November 24, 2009 11:40PM
How is this more risky than using Dop-IOS Mod? It should work as long as it is done correctly and there is not a power failure. Although installing Bootmii is still a good idea.
November 25, 2009 04:29AM
I definitely would like to keep a working Wii :D How can I get trucha bug?
November 25, 2009 04:54PM
neoeva2015
How can I get trucha bug?

We are not allowed to talk about it here, but it takes all of five seconds of searching to find out.

The best thing for you to do is install Bootmii as boot2 if you can and then install the system menu and its IOS using Dop-IOS Mod or a WAD installer. If you follow Sif Jar's advice and install system menu 4.2, you will not need the trucha bug. Although there is still a small rick of bricking, installing IOS and system menu WADs should not be any more dangerous than installing a system menu in any other way.
November 25, 2009 06:48PM
Actually, thats a fair point, neither way is safer. Just go with the method I posted above. But if you can, make sure you have BootMii as boot2 before you do so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login