Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"New" Wii from Fleabay...trying to get the "fleas" out...

Posted by Macewindu 
"New" Wii from Fleabay...trying to get the "fleas" out...
December 02, 2009 10:39PM
hey gang,
been doing a lot of reading about wiibrew over the last 3 days, but i have some weird questions. heres my setup.

Menu --> 3.3U
Boot--> boot2 appears to have been updated somehow as im receiving this "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install"

Good News: HBC and DVDx loaded fine.

Questions:

1. with boot2 disabled (overwritten?) the only way i can bootmii is inside the HBC. this will not allow a restoration of the NAND in the event of a brick, so: Is this situation to dangerous to screw around with dop-IOS?

2. what is the procedure for installing dopIOSv9? whenever i load it it seems to be looking for some wad file.

more later..
Re: "New" Wii from Fleabay...trying to get the "fleas" out...
December 02, 2009 11:32PM
Dop-IOS MOD does not use WADs. And no, it's not very dangerous to use Dop-IOS MOD, unless you modify IOS30, which is your System Menu IOS. You also cannot use Bootmii as boot2 because the new boot1 version will not allow it.
December 03, 2009 12:03AM
Before I begin: No, you do not have boot2 updated. You have a Wii with a newer boot1 installed (boot1 is only installed when the Wii is produced at the factory)

Regarding Dop-IOS MOD:
Wut?? It doesn't require any WADs unless you are attempting to an SD/USB install of the trucha bug on Wii which shouldn't be able to have it.

There also isn't any procedure to use the application. You use it in a way that makes sense to you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 12:04AM by Arikado.
December 03, 2009 12:59AM
Arikado
There also isn't any procedure to use the application. You use it in a way that makes sense to you.

None of this is making any sense to me...but anyway. no actually youve set my mind at ease in a lot a ways. still, i cant help but feel concerned about the inability to restore my nand...

Arikado
Wut??

wut indeed. i may have seen something wrong...or misread something so disregard. at the same time i wish there were more tutorials on IOS usage and download links
December 03, 2009 01:03AM
The Wiibrew main page has a good tutorial, do yourself a favor and update to 4.2U, There's not a LOT that prevents homebrew usage, if you read up and know what you're doing, you can do everything just as well
December 03, 2009 01:42AM
cactusjack901
do yourself a favor and update to 4.2U, There's not a LOT that prevents homebrew usage

OMG! 0_o ... seriously!!?? wont that screw my system?

seriously man, ive hear bad things about 4.2, besides, its not that much of an advantage over 4.1, is it?

also, are you referring to the update straight from Nintendo? or some mod-ed ios?
December 03, 2009 02:21AM
Macewindu
...more tutorials on IOS usage
I wrote a pretty beginner friendly one: [arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
December 03, 2009 03:01AM
4.2 will not brick your Wii unless you decide to pull out the power cord during the update at certain times. There is no reason to update, but there is no reason not to.
December 03, 2009 03:27AM
WikiFSX
4.2 will not brick your Wii unless you decide to pull out the power cord during the update at certain times..

Like a lightning storm. my concern is that my brew and other crap my be screwed or may screw up the system...seems like conflicting messages..

--> incidentally i used the indiana pwns hack...
December 03, 2009 04:03AM
Macewindu
my concern is that my brew and other crap my be screwed or may screw up the system...seems like conflicting messages..
Eh? Unless you get into warez (piracy) that'll never happen.
December 03, 2009 10:20PM
Topic closed, 2 comments deleted.

Read the forum rules kthnx.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.