Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wifi connection problem after installed HBC

Posted by davidboxer 
wifi connection problem after installed HBC
December 09, 2009 12:26AM
hi guys
i have just installed hbc but my wii can't connect to the wlan!

i was connected when installing and after the process my wii was still connected.
turned off, installed HBB on sd card, turn it on and can't connect at all!

i try to set up again a new connection with the same wpa tkip key. no connection
deleted the connection account on wii, set up again but this time i can't see the ssid!

i can connect without any problem with 2 laptops, 1 netbook and a nokia n82 too, but wii can' detect any wlan

anyone found this problem? maybe bootmii have some issue with wifi?

my wii is a 4.2e, all package are the latest downloaded today, no problem during installation, everything as described on tutorials

david

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 12:30AM by davidboxer.
Re: wifi connection problem after installed HBC
December 09, 2009 03:25AM
The HBC did nothing.
Re: wifi connection problem after installed HBC
December 10, 2009 08:11PM
Does your wi-fi router have enough available connections? You mention 4 pieces of hardware using your wi-fi internet, plus your wii. Sounds like devices are fighting for available IP addresses and the wii is losing out. Maybe you need to upgrade your router. If not all your devices are online at the same time, check to see if you have the most up to date firmware for your router, as it may have a problem switching between the available devices.

P.S. I also downloaded the Homebrew Browser (HBB) and experienced occasional wi-fi issues with my wii as well as "unable to initalize" HBB errors mentioned in another post. I just deleted it from my sd card and manually download the apps I want to the sd card from my computer. I don't offically know if that was the cause, but it doesn't seem like I have as much wi-fi issues anymore.

Homebrew Channel (HBC) works just fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login