Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shop Channel

Posted by Sebastian_Z 
Shop Channel
December 11, 2009 07:51PM
I have System Menu 4.1U and I definitely don't want to "upgrade" to version 4.2.... but I also want to use the Shop Channel, something that is quite impossible with my current version of the menu. Is there any way for me to be able to use the shop without upgrading to menu 4.2, any turnaround?

Thanks
Re: Shop Channel
December 11, 2009 08:18PM
dop-IOS MOD or WiiSCU.
December 11, 2009 08:47PM
uhm... what? sorry, I'm kinda a newbie, could you be more specific/clear? :S
December 11, 2009 09:09PM
Download my Dop-IOS MOD [code.google.com]

Have it load an IOS that accepts fakesigning

Have it install the latest IOS 61

Have it install the latest shop channel
December 11, 2009 09:12PM
excellent, thanks again! :D
December 11, 2009 09:26PM
OK, so I've downloaded... do I copy the files to the SD card and try to load the program using the homebrew channel?

sorry for being so slow, thanks!
December 11, 2009 09:42PM
Yes, download the dop ios mod folder, and put it in a folder called "apps" on the root of your SD card. Your SD card should be like this:

root/apps/dop_ios_mod/boot.dol

Next, launch the HBC, and it should appear. From there, just follow Arikado's instructions. :)
December 11, 2009 10:00PM
OK, I've done so, but when I click on "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning" and then it tells me to load the IOS from the SD card, I get an error message saying "could not open file" and "error"... I can't read the rest 'cause it returns to the homebrew channel too quickly... does anyone know what could be happening?
December 11, 2009 10:03PM
I'm honestly not sure what that means....Is your wii connected to the internet?
December 11, 2009 10:21PM
well, WiiConnect24 is turned off just in case... do you think I should turn it on? or in any case how do I do this using WiiSCU?
December 11, 2009 10:23PM
You can use left and right to load from USB or download and install from the internet instead of loading from SD.
December 11, 2009 10:48PM
OK, this is starting to get annoying... I install from the internet BOTH ISOs, then it tells me it has to do steps 1 and 2 for the downgrade to be completed. step 1 it does all right, but when it tries to perform step 2 I get and error message (that the "downgrade failed") and it takes me back to the homebrew channel
December 11, 2009 10:51PM
Yeah, the online bug you're encountering is a known issue. It's going to be fixed in the next release which should be sometime in the next 24 hours.

In the mean time though, you can just find the files you need by using NUSD and then placing them on your SD Card and doing the SD Card install method.

Also, it's IOS, not ISO. The difference (besides the spelling) is that one of them will likely get you banned from here ;)
December 11, 2009 10:59PM
oops, it was a misspell, don't worry xD

I'll do that then... but... uh... what do you mean "by using NUSD"? XD

thanks for everything man, you're really patient xD
December 11, 2009 11:04PM
[wiibrew.org]

Download IOS61 using this. Put it on your SD card, and install it through Dop-IOS MOD.
December 11, 2009 11:07PM
I shall, thanks! XD
December 11, 2009 11:20PM
where do I save it in the SD card? directly on the root of the card? and packed as a WAD or just the file?
December 11, 2009 11:26PM
Its easier to use WiiSCU for Shop Channel (not knocking dop-IOS MOD Arikado, but for this its easier to use WiiSCU).

Download it from wiibrew.org, run it via HBC in the same way as dop-IOS MOD and press 1 at the warning screen. Then you will be presented with a list. Scroll down to "IOS61", change it to "-trucha". Then scroll to "Shop Channel" and change it to "Update". Then scroll to "Go" and press A. Allow it to finish and shop channel should work.
December 12, 2009 12:02AM
thanks! it worked perfectly. I now have the Wii Shop Channel. thanks everyone for your patience :D
December 12, 2009 12:14AM
Glad to be of assistance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login