Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to update HBC fom the wii

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Trying to update HBC fom the wii
December 22, 2009 03:31AM
I am trying to update my HBC or maybe its the HBB from the wii but when it done downloading and you have to press one it says if I can type it all out

This installer can not continue!
there is no known vulnerable IOS installed in this wii.
please note the we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to
security reasons.

Look for an updated version at:
[bootmii.org]

if this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

>exit

What does all that mean? What is IOS, and how do I put it on there? I downloaded the hackmii installer to my laptop, so I now need to remember how I did the HBB way back I guess is how the hackmii is suppose to go on?
Re: Trying to update HBC fom the wii
December 22, 2009 07:17PM
Step 1. Download Dop-IOS MOD v9.
Step 2. Pick 36 at the first screen.
Step 3. Install the latest version of IOS60 with no patches.
Step 4. Try again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 07:18PM by WikiFSX.
December 22, 2009 11:46PM
Ok where do I get the dop-ios mod v9 from? I have been reading alot of the topics here and from what I can understand to install it load it on the sd card, put in wii turn on wii go into data mangement find sd card menu and run it from there right?
December 22, 2009 11:53PM
[www.wiibrew.org] - you can find most homebrew apps on there. at least, ones which are legal and aren't epic fail/warez.
December 23, 2009 12:25AM
Once all that is done, and HBB is updated, I can update the wii system and won't lose the HBC right?

Edit to add: I have put the dop-ios mod on my card and put it in wii, had problems but read in another topic how to get it working with HBB, now like what was said pick ios 60. It said it works on 4.1 and 4.2 systems, I should have added mine is a 3.2u system. I also saw there is one for my system, iso30 v 1040. Should that be the one I need? Also I have hackmii installer downloaded but not on the sd card, could I put that on there instead get the updated HBC, and not need to mess with ISO or will I still need an ISO later. Last one, my shop channel says I need to update as well, and I would like to see and know more about the nintendo channel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 01:55AM by dirtrider73068.
December 25, 2009 04:00AM
I still need help getting my HBC updated. I used dop-ios mod to install ios 31 v1040, it put another differnet version of it in. Tried again and gave me the same, no ios detected. What else do I need to do? Could I use the hackmii installer to get current version of the HBC? If so how do you do that? I have read on wiibrew but understand what its saying, does the hackmii need to be put in apps folder and opened from the HBB and installed that way? I would love to get HBC updated so I can update my system menu to 4.2, right now I am on system 3.2u.
December 25, 2009 04:26AM
Install IOS60 v6174.
December 25, 2009 04:47AM
Well I am looking at the screen right now at IOS 60 and there is no version or a way to install it. There is a install old v6174 of ISO 60, but I can't chose that option. I am using the wii controller could that be a problem?
December 25, 2009 12:28PM
You have to press a certain button that is shown next to that line. I can't remember which one, and I can't get to my Wii right now.
December 26, 2009 08:48PM
Well trying to look at it closer, my screen is blurry with wii system loaded. It look like it show to press "x", but with the wii mote where is "x" at? Would it be easier to use hackmii installer adn load HBC from there, or will I still a IOS to run on the wii?
December 26, 2009 09:10PM
Press - (minus).
December 26, 2009 09:35PM
It loaded it, but now the HBC won't give me the option to update itself.
December 27, 2009 01:01AM
Press Home and get your HBC version. (it's above the IOS line)
December 27, 2009 04:06AM
its 1.0.1
December 27, 2009 04:09AM
You should update to 1.06 via the latest hackmii installer ( [bootmii.org] )
December 27, 2009 04:14AM
Ok Arikado, I have the latest hackmii installer downloaded, but have been trying to find out how to put it on my sd card and load it. Would it be used just like the dop ios mod, loaded from the HBB?
December 27, 2009 04:23AM
Just set it up like any other application and run it via the homebrew channel.
December 27, 2009 04:27AM
ok i can do that thanks.
December 27, 2009 04:55AM
Cool I am finally updated the HBC. Thanks to everyones help. Don't know what it is but it was able to update from HBC, so I didn't need hackmii installer. So at this point I can decide when to update my system to 4.2 from 3.2 and from what I remember I won't lose HBC right? And do I need to remove my sd when it updates or can I leave it in? I am glad I found this place I am learning so much.
December 28, 2009 02:29AM
Cool I am finally updated the HBC. Thanks to everyones help. Don't know what it is but it was able to update from HBC, so I didn't need hackmii installer. So at this point I can decide when to update my system to 4.2 from 3.2 and from what I remember I won't lose HBC right? And do I need to remove my sd when it updates or can I leave it in? I am glad I found this place I am have to so much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login