Advanced

sound card

Posted by Angie21m 
Re: sound card
December 25, 2009 10:48PM
ok thanks
December 26, 2009 12:44AM
I was hoping that would work but it didn't. Thanks anyway. Does anyone else have version 3.4 and tried this version? I must need the sd card that says it's for the wii.
December 26, 2009 02:19AM
I defentiely think it's the sd. It's not even letting me save regular games on it.
December 26, 2009 03:16AM
^^^It definitely is then if you cant put any files on the card, which would obviously mean the card is corrupted. At least you eliminated all the possibilities before having to buy a new card. Btw you can get a SD card much cheaper than buying a Wii branded one if you go to wal-mart and I think look around in the camera section. They have a PNY brand 2GB card for $12. If you use their online shop then it's $9 for the same card minus w/e shipping charges (if any). To me they're pretty reliable cards, and if you think about it, it saves you even more money if your Wii wont run the hackmii installer, cause then you could possibly associate the problem to your Wiis SD slot in some odd way. That or wherever you got the banner bomb files might be faulty in w/e way....Unless of course you got them here at Wiibrew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 03:18AM by nightwishfan1.
December 27, 2009 01:00AM
Thanks nightwishfan1 I actually found a deal on ebay 12 plus shipping a will branded one. I think the color was gray and said it was for the wii on the sd in the picture. The other sd was new and got it off ebay to. In the listing it said it could be for the wii but it probably wasn't the right one for my version or something. I didn't pay much for that one either. Now I got to wait till the end of the week to find out if this will work. I really want bannerbomb's version to work it looks really really easy once it reads the sd card. I do have smash brothers and twilight another way to try.
December 28, 2009 02:58AM
^^Yeah most SD cards are fine. Only reason I can see the banner bomb possibly not working correctly is if your Wiis serial number starts as LU64. Wiis that have serial numbers starting like that are a little tougher to soft mod. If you dont know where the serial number is then you can locate it on the right side of the console if it's sitting horizontally. If you still have problems after trying the new card you got from ebay, then include the following information in your next post.

The information that could help us help you would be:

1. Your Wii consoles system menu version.
2. Your Wiis serial number (find that as I explained above).
3. Whether or not you bought your Wii new or used. If it was bought used then someone could've easily tampered with it prior to you getting it, where installing homebrew may become problematic.

Now to find your Wiis system menu version you simply need to do the following:

1. Power on your Wii, and get to the system menu.
2. Click the Wii options icon on the menu.
3. Click Wii settings and look in the upper right hand corner of the screen that appears next. There it should say Ver. x.xU (or J, K, PAL depending on where you live or bought your Wii).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 03:01AM by nightwishfan1.
December 28, 2009 04:21AM
bannerbomb works on all Wiis. The issue with LU64 Wiis is basically that old libogc versions had some issues with them.
December 31, 2009 02:30AM
My serial numbers start with LU343

Now that I got the new sd and I am still getting the same message. Now I want to make sure am I putting it in the right slot. Is it the one in the middle where the power button is? I noticed there are two other slots in the far left in. Tried those to but got message nothing is in the sd slot. Also when I put the sd card in I put it in face up right? This is so fustrating. And that was supposed to be the easy part. Thanks.
December 31, 2009 02:58AM
Here is another stupid question lol I have never updated my wii at all. I never knew I could but if I updated would that mean it would read the sd.
December 31, 2009 03:28AM
While I was googling my problem I saw something in accessories. Maybe I need a
Nintendo Wii PowerSaves SD Card 512 MB Gaming Grade
It has saves already on it. Maybe it will read it that way.
December 31, 2009 05:00AM
Your SD card slot may have been damaged.
December 31, 2009 05:34AM
Will it cost alot to get it fixed?
December 31, 2009 01:39PM
Not sure. I'm guessing around $50 or so.
December 31, 2009 11:32PM
That's not to bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login