Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need to know if my AT&T sim card can double as a storage device also.

Posted by nightwishfan1 
I need to know if my AT&T sim card can double as a storage device also.
December 25, 2009 10:11PM
I'm asking if my AT&T sim card for my new laptop air card can double as a storage device for homebrew on my Wii without corrupting the connection details my laptop saved to it, cause if I can I'd like to get double the use out of it....However I got no idea if using homebrew from it will adversely affect the connection details that are stored on the sim card. And in case anyone is wondering yes I have an adapter for the card to work with the Wii SD slot.....I just dont know if using it in my Wii will affect the details for my wireless connect device.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2009 10:26PM by nightwishfan1.
Re: I need to know if my AT&T sim card can double as a storage device also.
December 26, 2009 07:54AM
Try the device in a computer, make sure you can read and write to directories, but adding a directory should corrupt you SIM. Don't take my word for this, and i'd avoid using apps that write to the SD too much, but i'd think you'd be fine. Also, if something doesn't work AT&T will mostlikly restore your sim card for you.
Re: I need to know if my AT&T sim card can double as a storage device also.
December 26, 2009 06:20PM
It's definitely readable and writeable. The adapter that it came with has a switch for making it read only on the side, which obviously I can toggle for writing and removing from the card. I'm just not sure if the Wii and it's various homebrew projects will affect it or not, cause some emulators such as eke-ekes make history.text files onto the cards they use. In which case I know that the Wii is then writing them to the card. That's where I'm seeing a cause for concern. I'm no newb to this kind of stuff with using SD cards, but when it comes to this particular situation I honestly just dont know, and therefore it's a completely newb question in a way. In my gut I'm thinking "Eh it should be fine to do w/e I want with it" and in my head I'm thinking "If the Wii writes to it then there might be a chance for a problem". Anyways I will definitely try it in due time, as it's a 4GB card, and for it to just have wireless connection details on it would honestly be a huge waste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 06:20PM by nightwishfan1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login