Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.2 confusion?

Posted by josnowblow69 
4.2 confusion?
December 31, 2009 08:55AM
I am somewhat confused, but this site keeps stating how safe it is to update to 4.2 which I believe and have done, so why is it that programmes like menu patcher,start patch and Dop Ios installer exist? surely if you update to 4.2 you dont have to worry about installing patched updates and things like that. Sorry I am new to this but why do you need to install furthers 'IOS' things on your wii if you have already updated to 4.2???? and the homebrew channel is fully compatable with it?
Re: 4.2 confusion?
December 31, 2009 09:15AM
josnowblow69
why is it that programmes like menu patcher,start patch and Dop Ios installer exist?
You don't have to run those apps if you don't want to. If you want to know what the point in each of them is, then go read up on them on the wiki.
Dop IOS-MOD
StartPatch
MenuPatcher is kind of outdated, but there's the link anyway.

josnowblow69
and the homebrew channel is fully compatable with it?
Of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 09:16AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 31, 2009 10:01AM
Thanks for clearing that up. You guys are awesome on this site you reply so quickly! Have a happy new year!
December 31, 2009 08:37PM
You're welcome!
Happy new year to you, too.
January 02, 2010 10:06PM
I was wondering the same thing....even though I didn't officially update, I did go to 4.2 and updated most all the software using DOP-IOS. Why use something like startpatch then? The yet to unfold future. Yes...today you can run all things homebrew with 4.2, but with Nintendo's next, major update all bets are off. Thus I decided blocking both disk and system updates would be a good idea. If you are the only user of your Wii, you might be able to skip this...but in my house...this won't do...I need them blocked. I'd rather have my kids yell at me that a new game does not work than to find out homebrew is toast until the smart people in the community figure out the way around it.

-D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login