Can't play any games on my Wii
January 14, 2010 10:36PM
:( I can't play the game I just fot on my Wii. I just recently installed and then uninstalled Homebrew. So I already called Nintendo and didn't fix it and left a note saying "Wii software altered". >:( Any way to change the Wii back to the original state? T-T
Re: Can't play any games on my Wii
January 14, 2010 11:28PM
I apologize on behalf of those who commented before, I have deleted their pointless and stupid posts.

So what exactly is the problem? You bought a new game and it doesn't work, correct? Did it require an update, and if so, did you accept the update or avoid it? Was there an error message when you tried to play the game? What System Menu are you on? Have you installed any other mods besides HBC (cIOS, patched IOS etc.)?
January 15, 2010 01:45AM
Thanks for everything already! When I go to the disk channel, it simply doesn't show any disk. I only installed WiiBrew and I deleted the channel it via the Wii settings menu. PS is there any way to get rid of all the traces of homebrew? I don't think I updated the Wii and before this my game kept getting error messages.
January 15, 2010 03:10AM
If all you did was install then uninstall the HBC, then all traces are already gone.

As for your disk loading issues:
It sounds like there's something wrong with your disk drive. You probably just need to have it replaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 03:11AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 15, 2010 04:50AM
Deleting something in data management does not remove all traces of it. This is why you can copy things that you had installed before back to the wii after deleting them. This works with the Homebrew Channel like everything else, but fakesigned channels will not copy back unless the system menu IOS has the trucha bug.
January 15, 2010 07:11AM
jbc007
Deleting something in data management does not remove all traces of it. This is why you can copy things that you had installed before back to the wii after deleting them.
If you simply install the HBC and then un-install it, it won't remove all traces of it?
January 15, 2010 08:07AM
WaxyPumpkin72
jbc007
Deleting something in data management does not remove all traces of it. This is why you can copy things that you had installed before back to the wii after deleting them.
If you simply install the HBC and then un-install it, it won't remove all traces of it?
If you uninstall with the HackMii Installer it will remove all traces but if you delete it with the Wii's Data Management it won't.
January 15, 2010 08:15AM
bg4545
WaxyPumpkin72
jbc007
If you uninstall with the HackMii Installer it will remove all traces but if you delete it with the Wii's Data Management it won't.
Thanks, that's what I thought.
January 15, 2010 12:51PM
You can replace the Wii's optical drive yourself. However, it is somewhat difficult and I don't think you should do it yourself. Some places may do it for you, and if you know someone who can solder, they could probably help.
January 15, 2010 01:35PM
my advice would be, provided you only installed hbc, reinstall it with hackmii installer via bannerbomb then uninstall with hackmii installer, then send to ninty again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login