Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Need

Posted by trooper 
Help Need
January 25, 2010 05:04PM
Ok, I need some help...I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, sorry if its not.

I've installed Homebrew and everything seems ok...but I only get the bubble screen and cannot seem to transfer apps there. I've read your FAQ's but haven't had any luck.

General Info:

I'm using an SD card
I'm new to this homebrew stuff (no kidding right? lol)

This is probably a simple problem so I apologise in advance.
Re: Help Need
January 25, 2010 05:55PM
Is your SD card setup correctly?

Make sure your apps are setup like this on your SD card:

Root/apps/your_app_here/boot.dol

Does that make sense?
January 25, 2010 06:03PM
^^If that's too difficult to understand for you right now then I've copied a post I made for someone who also didnt know how to setup their SD card for homebrew use. I'll post it below and all you have to do is follow the steps. Hopefully it will simplify the process if the example Waxy gave you is by any means confusing you.

1. Clear your SD card completely and make it blank.

2. In the blank area create the apps folder.

3. Download your Wii apps, and create folders within the apps folder named after the Wii programs you downloaded.

4. Extract the archive file you downloaded for your Wii programs, and find the boot.dol, icon.png, and xml files. Copy them. If anything else is with those copy them as well.

5. Access your SD card and enter the apps folder. Paste your Wii programs files into the folder you created for it. Repeat as necessary for any other Wii program.

Now if a program requires a folder at the root of your SD card then simply do the following.

1. Go back to the beginning of your SD card. The apps folder should be visible.

2. Right click the blank space of your SD card. Select create new folder.
2A. I'll use Genplus emulator as an example: Rename your new folder Genplus. Dont name it anything else.

A note on the next step. Some Wii programs dont use the same folder names i'm about to instruct you to name your folders cause I'm about to reference an emulator setup again.

3. Double click the new folder you just created to access it. It'll be blank. For most emulators you need to make roms, saves and cheats folders. To do that right click and create new folder. You'll have to do that three times to create the three folders. Name one roms. Name another saves. Name the last cheats.

Note: Some emulators dont support cheats. Read the features list on w/e page you download the emulator from.

4. Take your roms and place them into the roms folder where you made that folder.

That should be all you need to do. Once you get used to the process things will be easier.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 06:07PM by nightwishfan1.
January 25, 2010 06:07PM

That isn't necessary.
January 25, 2010 07:15PM
I followed nightwish's instructions and now i have apps ... thanks very much!

very quickly sorted out... thanks again
January 26, 2010 06:13AM
WaxyPumpkin72

That isn't necessary.

How many times are you going to say that when my directions clearly helped him? This is twice this has happened lol. If beginners know to start from scratch they'll be better off. Perhaps I oughta change my first direction to: 1. Buy a blank SD card if you havent already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 06:13AM by nightwishfan1.
January 26, 2010 07:49AM
If it worked, just drop it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.