Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gamecube controller usage

Posted by broodoo 
Gamecube controller usage
February 21, 2010 09:52PM
Sorry if this blatantly obvious, but I'm running out of ideas. I recently bought metroid prime 3 on my wii, but i phiysically can't play it because of my physical disability. I scraped through red steel and zelda, but never bought anything else. I played the first two on the gamecube and loved them, now i'm distressed at being physically unable to play a brilliant game.

I was wondering if there was any way to turn my gamecube into a joypad that could be mimicked into wiimote movements. The game doesn't support gamecube controllers, so i can't just plug one in. Is there any way at all that i can do this?
Re: Gamecube controller usage
February 21, 2010 10:20PM
Sorry, no, there isn't any way to play Metroid Prime 3 with a gamecube controller.

However, do you mind if I inquire the extent of your physical disability? If you managed to make it through Red Steel, I can only assume there shouldn't be any problems for you making it through this game.
February 21, 2010 10:32PM
Red steel only really requires the use of shoot and move, i made it through on that.

Metroid however is insanely hard to hit the weak points without targeting, and from past metroid experiences bosses have very strict conditions, jumping over their attacks, dodging and using a vast array of weapons in order to bring them down. I struggle to hold the targeting button, and can't time jumps well at all. The only way i have found of reliably jumping is by using my other hand, but then of course i can't move or target.
February 21, 2010 10:47PM
Have you actually played Metroid Prime 3 yet? I played it and I remember it to be the easiest of all the Metroid Prime games. There is a very small array of weapons compared to the other two (there is no longer 20+ different types of beams, just one). And there are no difficult jumping/platforming sections that I can recall in MP3 unlike many that I can recall in MP1 and MP2. Shooting is much easier in MP3, you no longer have to target to shoot accurately, the weak points on bosses are huge and easy to hit. If you got through Red Steel, this game should be a breeze for you.
February 22, 2010 12:17AM
Alright, I'll give it another go. =]
I just remember the other two being really difficult, and i played up to the first boss in 3, just before boarding the ship. He was pretty tough. =/
February 22, 2010 01:14AM
The first two were really difficult. It took me a couple months to get through each of them. I got through MP3 in about 2 weeks though and never got stuck once. The first segment up to the first boss is made to seem hard to draw you into the game, but it's actually nearly impossible to lose. It's just supposed to seem well, awesome, when you win which may have intimidated you a bit. Look past that though and definitely give it another shot. I'm sure you'll end up doing just fine :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 01:19AM by Arikado.
February 22, 2010 06:49AM
Ehh I lost to the first boss... I didn't scan him so I didn't know where to shoot him and I died. I have tried him again and he is impossibly easieronce youve scanned him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login