4.2U Wii Install Mii Problems
February 26, 2010 02:44AM
Hello everyone:

New guy here..... I have hacked a couple of Wii's before and had no problems, until now....I just got a new Wii and have a problem. I've updated to 4.2U.

I have my SD card loaded with: Just like I've done before.

• A folder called 00000001
• A folder called apps
• A folder called private
• A folder called wad
• A file called boot.elf
• A file called IOS15-64-v257.wad
• A file called IOS15-64-v523.wad
• A file called IOS36-64-v3351.wad
• A file called IOS38-64-v3610.wad

But now, my issue is in the beginning. I boot off the SD card, load the Homebrew Browser and then try to load the BootMii...i get ERROR (-1)...

I've tried 2 sd card and even tried to copy other Wii's Sd cards still get the error. Please Help!!
Re: 4.2U Wii Install Mii Problems
February 26, 2010 02:48AM
well... you shouldn't need the WAD folder, or the WAD files unless you intend to play backups, which we won't help you with here. So you should think about if you wanna suffer the abuse we'll bestow upon you here or not. I mean, did you even read the big red letters?
February 26, 2010 02:50AM
Yes I read it, sorry i was just pasting what is on my card.
February 26, 2010 03:15AM
cactusjack901
well... you shouldn't need the WAD folder, or the WAD files unless you intend to play backups
Lol no. There are tons of good reasons to have them. Note the WAD files he showed support these reasons. In particular, those WAD files he showed are required by TBR and Dop-IOS MOD's fakesign restorer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2010 03:15AM by Arikado.
February 26, 2010 03:29AM
with the 4.2v wii, the sd card needs to be formatted at fat32 i believe the older or prior versions need to be formatted at FAT or FAT16....Just throwing this out there. Hope this helps and sorry if it doesnt
February 26, 2010 03:37AM
freegame36
with the 4.2v wii, the sd card needs to be formatted at fat32 i believe the older or prior versions need to be formatted at FAT or FAT16....Just throwing this out there. Hope this helps and sorry if it doesnt
It'll work on FAT/FAT 16 or FAT 32. Btw, FAT and FAT 16 are the same thing.
February 26, 2010 03:40AM
thanks for responses...it is formatted FAT32....im so confused...is it the wii???

I even copied the same sd card that is working to this one and it still does it.
February 26, 2010 03:43AM
from my experience, all wii's are different. you are updated to a 4.2 v correct?. I would reformatt your sd card and start all over. i wouldnt try to use any info from another sd card. The one thing I learned was again, all wiis are different. When you put your freshly formatted card into your wii. what is the first thing that happens?
February 26, 2010 03:46AM
ok, ill try that again...yea it is up to version 4.2u.......do you think i need to get the newest version of bootmii???
February 26, 2010 03:52AM
yes. i think that will help. i will provide you with this website to help with 4.2v wii's. This is what i used...just read carefully and dont skip any steps. there is a a lot of great info on here. Just read and follow instructions to a ''t''. I hope this doesnt get me booted from this site. but here it is:
Link removed. Contained illegal information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2010 03:56AM by Arikado.
February 26, 2010 03:57AM
it said link removed?
February 26, 2010 03:58AM
Oh heavens that link is horrible. Aside from the blatant copyright infringement much of it is incorrect and supports illegal activity including piracy. For information on hacking your Wii, the ONLY site you need that has EVERYTHING listed in full detail and updated hourly is [wiibrew.org]
February 26, 2010 04:00AM
To fix your problem make sure you are using the correct version of bannerbomb on your SD Card for 4.2 and the latest version of the hackmii installer ( [bootmii.org] ) and make sure you are going to the SD Card menu and NOT the data management menu to use bannerbomb to launch the hackmii installer.
February 26, 2010 04:04AM
i'm sorry. The only info i used from that site was the 4.2 version mods....it does have a lot of illegal info there but i just stayed clear from that. wiibrew.org is great but not for begginers. the other site i gave you has complete walkthroughs for dummies....thats why i used it for myself....lol

wiibrew is hard to follow unless you are pretty goodat this stuff.....just a thought
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login