Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

update wii?

Posted by freegame36 
Re: update wii?
February 26, 2010 04:59AM
Arikado
If you have a wireless internet connection and you're not on the latest version of the HBC, you will be prompted to update to the latest version of the HBC. Otherwise, run the latest HackMii Installer ( [bootmii.org] ) as though it were an application in the HBC to update.

Just as Arikado said here to update your HBC.
February 26, 2010 05:05AM
i'm sorry. i didnt see all your response. I do have wireless. i will make sure its updated then i will update the disc channel. Will this take my wii to a higher version then 4.2 or is 4.2 the latest version?
February 26, 2010 05:06AM
no 4.2 is the latest version that I know of and am aware of.
February 26, 2010 05:17AM
ok. i will go ahead and update my wii through the disc channel just like it says to do. I hope i can start playing games with my cd's again,...i will let you guys know how it turns out...thanks for all your input....Arikado, sorry that i needed another input on this....i really didnt mean to insult your intelligence...thanks to the both of you
February 26, 2010 06:33AM
the HBC was updated to 1.0.6 and i just went ahead and updated the disc channel like it asked me to do...everything worked great and still does...thanks a bunch to the both of you. can you tell me why it asked for that update and is there anything i can do in the future to prevent these kinds of updates being needed?
February 26, 2010 08:13AM
You could just launch the games through gecko os to skip the update, but there isn't really any reason to avoid the disk updates.
February 26, 2010 12:36PM
freegame36
can you tell me why it asked for that update and is there anything i can do in the future to prevent these kinds of updates being needed?
Haven't you learned anything? Do not fear the current updates.
February 28, 2010 03:59PM
i said i did update....i have learned a shit load of stuff. its nice to have another way to load games as well....tell me this, is there anyway to play my store bought ds games on the wii?
February 28, 2010 04:02PM
No. You can't play DS games on the Wii, there is not an emulator yet, and the Wii is probably too slow to support one.
February 28, 2010 04:10PM
just a thought. If that ever happened...putting a nds emulator on the wii, that would make it a perfect system...until then...the wii is just next to perfect...thanks for info...someone needs to figure it out.......
February 28, 2010 04:34PM
Eh? I've been working on DS emulator for quite some time. I just added one of the guys behind vbagx to help out the project so hopefully we can show off something exciting soon ...

Also, fyi, the PSP can emulate the DS at about 1/3 of full speed. So the Wii can hopefully get 2/3 full speed. Plus there's more people actively working on it so perhaps something even higher than that down the road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 04:35PM by Arikado.
March 01, 2010 07:09PM
Hi Arikado (and others),

As you can tell by my post count, I am a relative n00b compared to many in the Wii homebrew scene but have been actively following it for a year now. My question is that my Wii is 3.2e and my homebrew channel is 1.0.6. Will it also be safe for me to simply update via the disc channel or am I required to 'patch' my Wii or do anything similar? I appreciate an honest answer from anyone. :-) My intention is to keep my homebrew apps and channels and play Metroid Prime Trilogy WITHOUT compromise. Will this be possible?
March 01, 2010 07:28PM
Yes, the update is safe to perform without any patching.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login