Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've upgraded to the latest version of HBC. Is it safe to use the Wii Shop Channel?

Posted by duckypwns 
I really want to get Mega Man 10 but it's not worth it if there's a chance my Wii might get screwed up...
Its perfectly safe to use the new shop channel, you just have to update the channel with WiiSCU or something

also: just a heads up, Mega Man 10 is freaking hard, but it is a step down in quality from Mega Man 9
Re: I've upgraded to the latest version of HBC. Is it safe to use the Wii Shop Channel?
March 03, 2010 01:09AM
cactusjack901
Its perfectly safe to use the new shop channel, you just have to update the channel with WiiSCU or something
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA FREAKKKKKKK!!!!!

lol.

But seriously.

WiiSCU does NOT update the shop channel correctly (it handles the IOS right but gives you an outdated version of the channel). Use my Dop-IOS MOD ( [code.google.com] ) instead if you want to go the homebrew root to update your shop channel.
WiiSCU updated the shop channel properly on my wii.
Re: I've upgraded to the latest version of HBC. Is it safe to use the Wii Shop Channel?
March 03, 2010 03:39AM
Really? When did you use it? Because Dop-IOS MOD and WiiSCU had this same problem when Nintendo did a mini update (shortly after 4.2) to the shop channel. I fixed it rather easily in Dop-IOS MOD but its my understanding that WiiSCU still has the bug that Dop-IOS MOD once did as WiiSCU was never updated to compensate. At the time I tested both applications thoroughly to identify and then work to resolve the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 03:39AM by Arikado.
I used WiiSCU v0.21 shortly after the 4.2 update and again after Nintendo updated the shop channel to the latest version, whenever that was. I experienced no issues either time. For some reason, I later downgraded the shop channel. Then I updated it with Dop-IOS Mod (v7.0 if I rember correctly). This also updated the shop channel properly.

Out of curiosity, why did you include a region selection feature in Dop-IOS Mod for the Shop Channel? Selecting another region does not actually change the shop channel's region.
Yeah, I used WiiSCU after the mini-update and it works fine. That being said, I had no idea that WiiSCU updated incorrectly. I guess there's yet another thing I use Dop-IOS Mod for

ALL HAIL DOP-IOS MOD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login