Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HackMii installed. Question about boot2.

Posted by gustavolessa 
HackMii installed. Question about boot2.
March 04, 2010 11:25AM
Hi!

I have an old Wii with bootmii installed, but don't remember where, because it's been a while.

How can I check it?
Is there a preferable "place" to install, like boot2?
If so, how can I do it, considering (obviously) its not on the best place?

I'm trying to improve my stability and to prevent future damages.
So, I'm clening the system, leaving only the necessary ios, etc.

Thank you very much for your help!
Gustavo
Re: HackMii installed. Question about boot2.
March 04, 2010 05:45PM
Well on your Wii you should've installed it in only one fashion since Bootmii installs two different ways. Those being it installs as boot 2, or IOS. Out of those two it should be boot 2. Now if you installed it as boot 2 then it is where it needs to be, and is preferable. I dont how you would check to make sure it is installed that way.

As for keeping stability, and preventing future damages....You should avoid....Installing wads, installing custom IOS modules, running Wii apps that arent supported here, cause lot of apps appearing on other sites have very few details described about them by their authors.....Not to say all are like that, but a few coders decide to make ports of whatever and not describe exactly what it is they ported, and for end users who dont know any better that just isnt good at all. So basically stick to apps here that have pages for them and are described in detail as to how they are used, and what they do, cause then you know what exactly you'd be getting into.

As for what else to avoid...Dont install patched updates, or system menus. Yeah some of these things kill homebrew, but as proven with system menu 4.2 these can be worked around. You just got to play a waiting game for those work arounds, instead of jumping the gun for a patched version that supposedly works and removed the threats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login