Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a frustrating time hacking Brawl

Posted by PerfectChaos9 
Having a frustrating time hacking Brawl
March 17, 2010 02:01PM
Ok, here's my situation. I have no way of putting anything on an SD card. However, I can put files on a microSD card. The only reason I was able to get the HBC on the wii was because I have a microSD adapter that plugged into the SD card slot of the Wii. The problem with that though, is that it doesn't seem to work as well with the adapter. It'll give me messages saying SD card error (or somthing to that effect) in the cheat manager, and it won't even recognize it's there in Gecko OS.

So I thought that would work, using the adapter, but apparently not. Anyway, I tried using a USB drive that held my microSD card instead. Now that seemed to work better: the Cheat Manager and Gecko OS seemed to be able to write and read from it. However, the only problem with this is when I start up Brawl, it says "No SD codes found" after listing the Game ID.

Now I went through and checked every little last file to make sure everything was named correctly and put in the right place, but it just seems like Gecko OS can't recognize the codes on the microSD or find it for that matter. It can find everything else but the codes and I don't understand why. So if anyone can help me out here, it would be very much appreciated. I am very frustrated. Thanks.
Re: Having a frustrating time hacking Brawl
March 17, 2010 08:57PM
I believe it needs to be in the SD slot for Gecko OS to use it. I suggest getting a regular SD card.
March 18, 2010 02:25AM
Ok, new problem. I've found a way to get my files onto a regular SD card. Now that I've done so, it actually says "SD codes found. Applying". However, when I go into Brawl, everything is still the same. Nothing new. I've got everything named correctly and the only thing I can figure is that I don't actually have everything named correctly. It's like the code loads, but it doesn't go any farther to carry it out or it can't find the files that I put on there. I don't know whats going on with this thing but does anyone have an idea as to why the code doesn't work?
March 18, 2010 05:21AM
I run a 1gig micro sd card in a sd card adapter in my wii and never have any problems with anything running so far. (knock on wood)
March 18, 2010 11:53AM
What codes are you trying to run? For the file replacement codes you need a non-SDHC card. Are you sure you use codes from the correct region?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login