Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

m player problems

Posted by freegame36 
m player problems
March 27, 2010 02:50AM
I just bought a wii today....new.....i installed HBC.mplayer will not play my movies....is this a problem in the files or is it possible my new wii cant play dvd's?...please help
Re: m player problems
March 27, 2010 03:35AM
Are you useing mplayer ce or just mplayer? mplayer ce is better, but you could have a newer drive. If you don't have mplayer ce try it and see if it works for you.
March 27, 2010 04:05AM
i'm sorry...mplayer ce is what i am using.....everything works on my older wii...but we bought a new one and everything works but the dvd drive in the wii.....is there anyway to check what kind of drive i have....
March 27, 2010 04:07AM
I don't know there was a post somewhere they said what drives were in the new wii's. There is a place on line that carries the parts for wii's I don't know what it is, might do a search for it and find it. It had to do with a drive going out and somebody posted a link to the site.
March 27, 2010 04:22AM
Can you still launch your games through it? If so, then your drive isn't screwed, its simply that you have a newer one that doesn't allow DVD playback.
March 27, 2010 04:29AM
But couldn't he get a drive that would allow dvd playback? There is a place online that has parts to fix and repair wii's but couldn't remember the place.
March 27, 2010 04:33AM
dirtrider73068
But couldn't he get a drive that would allow dvd playback? There is a place online that has parts to fix and repair wii's but couldn't remember the place.
I guess, yeah.
March 27, 2010 04:45AM
it must be because its a newer drive....my original store bought games load right up in it.....ole well, who needs to play movies when theres a dvd player right next to it....lol....thanks guys...
March 27, 2010 05:48AM
freegame36
it must be because its a newer drive....my original store bought games load right up in it.....ole well, who needs to play movies when theres a dvd player right next to it....lol....thanks guys...

Exactly, I only use my Wii as a DVD player when it's in my room, where I have no DVD player. Well, I do, but it's getting old and skips a lot
March 27, 2010 06:00AM
Yup what I do with mine, since I can watch movies on it, plus its smaller than a dvd player, and plus I gave my dvd player to my stepdaughter since the one she had didn't have remote so she couldn't access menus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login