Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to Wii updates

Posted by minus31 
New to Wii updates
April 02, 2010 09:13PM
I was wondering if someone can help me out. I have a wii with firmware 3.2U and have homebrew and other miscellaneous stuff installed. I want to update the system to current firmware etc because i am unable to do some stuff like wii shop and stuff but I don't know a safe way to go about it. I didn't do the original installation so if somebody could walk me thru an idiot proof way of do this, i'd really appreciate it. I do have the SD card with all the files etc. it was done with the Twilight method.

Thanks
Re: New to Wii updates
April 02, 2010 09:25PM
The easiest way to update would be to:

1.) Navigate to the wii settings.
2.) Select the "Update System" option.

Also, this question has been answered 1,000 times before. Try using the search function next time. :)

Edit: Oh, and before you ask "Are you sure this is safe?", let me say that yes, it is safe. You will not brick your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 09:26PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
April 02, 2010 09:41PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Also, this question has been answered 1,000 times before. Try using the search function next time. :)

Edit: Oh, and before you ask "Are you sure this is safe?", let me say that yes, it is safe. You will not brick your wii.

Its also in the FAQ, which people should read.
April 02, 2010 09:43PM
Thank you - people. I apologize for not browsing around here first. I will attempt to be more thorough in the future and try not to waste anyone's time.

Thanks again!
April 02, 2010 09:44PM
I'm glad I could help! Sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't mean it. If you have more questions, feel free to ask them.
April 02, 2010 11:29PM
Will I have to re-install Homebrew etc? afterwards or will everything just stay as is?
April 02, 2010 11:39PM
If you're using the latest version of the HBC, it will not be deleted when you update.
April 02, 2010 11:44PM
If you have Boot Mii, it will need to be reinstalled though.
April 03, 2010 03:26PM
winmaster
If you have Boot Mii, it will need to be reinstalled though.

Only if its installed as boot2.
April 03, 2010 07:06PM
Thanks for everybody's help. I guess the key here is to update the homebrew channel first.

again, all your help is appreciated
April 04, 2010 02:00PM
I was wondering if someone can help me out. I have a wii with firmware 3.4e (uk) and have homebrew and other miscellaneous stuff installed. I want to update the system to current firmware etc because i am unable to do some stuff like wii shop and bbc iplayer and the sd card update,but I don't know if a 100% safe go a head and update . I did the original installation about a year ago so if somebody could walk me thru an idiot proof way of do this, i'd really appreciate it. I do have the SD card with all the files etc. it was done with the Twilight method.so if i update my homebrew software i can update my wii and all my homebrew stuff will still be on my wii.Do i just update wii ????????
April 05, 2010 01:57AM
Update the Homebrew Channel to the newest version (if it is not version 1.0.5 or later) and then update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login